No announcement yet.

Shoulder Boards for HBT Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golgott, could you show the back side of the "20" strap unfolded?

Comment

An interesting pair of blue Luft ones.
      Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here is an early pair from the collection of Schulterklappen, interestingly from the same infantry regiment. These are made from moleskin, a material used for Drillich tunics in the mid 1930s and they employ the tresse used by the Heer at that time, typically associated with the Luftwaffe during the war. The ones you show may be even earlier:
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
          Golgott, could you show the back side of the "20" strap unfolded?
          Unafortunately I was overbidded I only saved these 2 pictures.
          I tend to Believe it's a limited series for this unit, TR period. I have a pair of m40 EM pzgr '63' with a quite similar piping.

Comment

To add to the discussion on options, here are some snaps of the straps on a mid/late-war HBT artillery tunic of mine. Apologies for the poor quality - these were taken on my phone. Not HBT, but certainly not woollen. In addition, I recently picked up a LW photo, where what look like tropical straps have been added to what could to be an HBT tunic. A bit speculative, but a striking contrast between the tunic and straps.

Michael
            Attached Files

Comment

The artillery Uffz. strap appears to be a standard wool strap in feldgrau with severe wear so that the nap is worn off the cloth and the backing on the tongue is faded/washed out.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                The artillery Uffz. strap appears to be a standard wool strap in feldgrau with severe wear so that the nap is worn off the cloth and the backing on the tongue is faded/washed out.
                Interesting! That had never occurred to me.

Michael

Comment

The Reichsheer used HBT Drillich fatigue uniforms in the 1920's until ca. 1926 but it was the natural color undyed stock left over from Imperial times. I have an example of an oval medic's patch from WW 1 on this material. The replacing fatigue uniform was only in moleskin and examples of moleskin straps like the pair of "20's" are not uncommon to find. The single "20" posted is HBT material and would most likely be a privately made example IMO. Quite unusual.

Comment

Hello,

Pauke, I believe you are spot on. Here are examples that I have of the first war medics patch and strap. the strap looks like it was a darker color at one time. Also a shot of a embroidered moleskin strap.

I too think that the embroidered '20' strap is a private purchase piece.

Fred
                    Attached Files
                    LEARN THE PATTERN OF THE ORIGINALS, THEN THE FAKES WILL BE APPARENT!

Comment

my litzen tab. would love to get a matching strap!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mapjew View Post
                        my litzen tab. would love to get a matching strap!
                        If you read this thread you will see that most experienced collectors believe that the German Army, unlike the Luftwaffe, did not make a special HBT strap for their HBT uniforms. If you want a matching strap for your tab, simply find a wool artillery strap.

Comment

Hi,here is a pair of HBT straps I have I found them years ago in the bottom of a gasmask can I bought.Jay Parisi
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sadly they are the wrong color lol. They go on the very uncommon Luftwaffe blue HBT tunic. Looks like they are missing a pip in the center. Nice accidental find.

Comment

Has anyone here noted the Sturmgeschütz / AG collar tabs in HBT material in the E-Stand insignia section. I have never seen HBT collar tabs like these before. Could they be Luftwaffe?

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...n-hbt-material
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Stiles; 09-17-2020, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stiles View Post
                                Has anyone here noted the Sturmgeschütz / AG collar tabs in HBT material in the E-Stand insignia section. I have never seen HBT collar tabs like these before. Could they be Luftwaffe?

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...n-hbt-material
                                Nor have I ever seen tabs like these. No they are not Luftwaffe. The question you should always ask is "could they be fake?".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X