Unknown General's collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
    Ever Consider that i absolute not care a bit if anyone like my so called Style or not? This is a so called Forum, i write my Opinion in my own way, and thats it. And where you see a Victim? You give me the full Circus Show, what more could i ask for? I am too old that this would interest me or i would even waste one second about it. A Guy post his Item, i wrote what it is and then i am finish. I have no time to discuss half a day with someone i don't know about if he like how i give my Opinion or not. I wrote it already and i write it again, you don't like it, don't read it, done. Simple and easy, everything else is just a waste of time. And i already wasted enough for a pair of Tabs...
    No worries, you have made it abundantly clear you care only about yourself, and have no knowlefge to share, just loudly voiced and abrasively wirded opinions. So I’ll for one take your advice and ignore anything you say. As said, life is too short.
    Kind regards,
    Sandro
    Last edited by GdC26; 10-05-2019, 10:25 AM.
    Looking for personal items of German, Austrian and Italian commanders of the WW I Isonzo and Trentino fronts. Also looking for the Ehrenpokal and other items belonging to Hauptmann Werner Lucas, JG 3.

Comment

Ohhh Boy, finally you got it. Thank you very very much. And have a good one ( And thank you very much for that circus performance, i really enjoy that one)

Originally posted by GdC26 View Post
      No worries, you have made it abundantly clear you care only about yourself, and have no knowlefge to share, just loudly voiced and abrasively opinions. So I’ll for one take your advice and ignore anything you say. As said, life is too short.
      Kind regards,
      Sandro
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
        I don't know what these BS fake tabs are supposed to be a copy of but here's some very similar ones on ebay for those who want them!

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/WW2-German-N...item41f493f74c
        Hey Ben,

Just my opinion of course but I think Patrick's demonstrates a lot more craftsmanship than the Ebay example. Different material & color as well.

As for our friend ~ thank goodness life is as short as it is and he's got better things to do. Perhaps we'll not be bothered further by him here.

Attached Files

Comment

collar tabs

I like to know what they measure for they might be early post war ones . They are well made and not the cheap copies being sold on ebay. Cliff
          C.R.M

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
            Ohhh Boy, finally you got it. Thank you very very much. And have a good one ( And thank you very much for that circus performance, i really enjoy that one)
            you fell for this really crappy gun show trinket, indignant of our collective responses and a bogus letter signed by Karolina Gahr
            ! your responses were an embarrassment, especially #36. Seriously? I also want to hear more of your boast of finding three perfect condition SS palm smocks at a flea market 25 years ago, bringing them home (25 years ago and living at home), and your mother washed them and "that was the end of them". what happened?
            http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=949650&page=3

Comment

You again, more Circus....i wrote i waste enough time with that Thread. And for you, i sure waste not a Second more. And what you want or not, is the absolut last i care. So have a good one

Originally posted by hs132 View Post
              you fell for this really crappy gun show trinket, indignant of our collective responses and a bogus letter signed by Karolina Gahr
              ! your responses were an embarrassment, especially #36. Seriously? I also want to hear more of your boast of finding three perfect condition SS palm smocks at a flea market 25 years ago, bringing them home (25 years ago and living at home), and your mother washed them and "that was the end of them". what happened?
              http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=949650&page=3
              WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Damn ~ I thought life was short & you had better things to do? Go pull the wings off dragon flys or boil frogs or whatever it is you spend the rest of your time on when you're not on the WAF telling us all what a "circus" we all are and how stupid we are.

Comment

Rick, just like anything else, there are good and bad quality fakes.
                  These are better quality than the ebay ones but they are still fake.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gdc26 View Post
                    and true to his nature, the bully becomes the victim .... Ever consider that if different people from different cultures and with different backgrounds object to your style, there may in fact be something wrong with it ...?
                    +1
                    "The fact is that some people need killing" - LTG Michael L. Oates

Comment

Originally posted by pbuchh7715 View Post
                      +1
                      +2
                      C.R.M

Comment

I have no bone in this fight. However, it is worth noting here that the Luftwaffe had officer bullion insignia made on that type of brown tropical wool that the WH generals collar tabs which started this thread are made from.

Examples are shown in these threads;

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...h+German+Cross

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=DAK+DKiG

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...opical+officer

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...opical+officer

Chris

p.s. the last image is a Luftwaffe tropical breast eagle sitting on page 109 of John Hodgin's book "German Paratrooper in North Africa" from Schiffer
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 90th Light; 10-08-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

On my computer monitor, the wool used appear very similar.

It would be interesting to put them side by side holding them in hand.

The LW tropical officer eagles prove never say say never if nothing else,

Chris
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 90th Light; 10-08-2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting those. I’m only one Luftwaffe collector’s opinion, but I don’t like any of those eagles. All clear reproductions to my eyes, save one one which is a likely reproduction.

J-
                            Collecting Luftwaffe officer & general rank of high quality/condition, and Luft ephemera. Currently seeking uniforms, headgear, & ribbon bars. Please contact me if you know of any, or to say hi!

Comment

Interesting color photo ~ I don't have Photoshop or enhancing tools but Rommel's tabs on his tunic don't appear to have red badgecloth...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Also interesting is the colorized postacard of Rommel that 'appears' to show tabs with no contrast to his tunic (just a bit odd) as well as another color shot (I didn't do the cropping) once again seeming not to show the red background on his tabs that one expects. Rather the tabs appear to match the color of the tunic.

Interesting is all...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X