Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldjagerkorps gorget opinions please

Hi Guys,

Please could I get your valued opinions on this piece? Comparing it to a couple of confirmed genuine ones I see some small differences in particular to the eagle design. Was there just one maker of these?

Many thanks for your help,

Patrick
    Attached Files
    Best regards, Patrick

"Rein muss er" und wenn wir beide weinen! - Personal inscription of Oblt Klaus Faber, JV44 Papagei Staffel

fjk GORGET

a lot of people more qualified than me will comment. but for me, the execution and detail are poor.

Comment

ditto, esp. the eagle, tho maybe the dies were getting worn out if it was late-made

Comment

Originally posted by inimicus View Post
        ditto, esp. the eagle, tho maybe the dies were getting worn out if it was late-made
        In my opinion some of the facts are wrong. Unsharp eagles you can find often with also Feldgendarmerie gorgets. I will not deepen out the facts, as the fakers see what is written en then do correct the mistakes.
        In my, in Germany published, gorget-book you can see some originals and a beautiful photo with close-up from a wartime photo worn! The details from the close-up show how such gorget should look like. It is
        known some minor variations can be found.

Comment

It looks good but I can’t be 100% sure,
          Does everyone remember the fake assmann feldgendarmerie gorget?

Kind regards Chay
          Interested in collecting historical objects in a gentlemanly fashion
          100% Christian :)))
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by upbeek View Post
            Does everyone remember the fake assmann feldgendarmerie gorget?
            Sometimes Assmann gorgets are said to be fake, but they aren't. Do not misunderstand me: there are Assmann faked gorgets.
            As said: with the FJK gorget there are aspects that give the impression of not being good!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help= and thanks Wilhelm for your expertise- it is without a doubt slightly different to the known originals and I don't think there is much room for variation with these- if you believe it is a copy then that nails it for me.

Really appreciate your time everyone- thank you!
              Best regards, Patrick

"Rein muss er" und wenn wir beide weinen! - Personal inscription of Oblt Klaus Faber, JV44 Papagei Staffel

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                Sometimes Assmann gorgets are said to be fake, but they aren't. Do not misunderstand me: there are Assmann faked gorgets.
                As said: with the FJK gorget there are aspects that give the impression of not being good!
                I agree, the type of concern of fake assmann gorget the eagle and swastika appears a little bit raised

Kind regards Chay
                Interested in collecting historical objects in a gentlemanly fashion
                100% Christian :)))
                [email protected]

Comment

sorry a fake!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                  X