How to measure a pip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to measure a pip?

Fellas, are pips measured from corner-to-corner or one side? Thank you! Dave

Only TV's are measured corner-to-corner, so measure side-to-side. Just ask Gladys Knight.

Comment

Thank you, sir! If i remembered any of Gladys' songs, this wouldl be a good place to put it!

Comment

If you buy them on line, make sure to ask as people measure both ways.
        Collecting Nebeltruppe-Smoke Troops Items and Post-War Unit Histories

Comment

Thank you! I found an early dark green, silver-bordered shoulder board at an antique store pretty cheap. At one time it had at least one pip on it and I am trying to determine what else was attached so I can "restore" it. I took pictures but realize I can't post them here. I did post them on another forum, but so far, no help. I was going to buy one pip (who's impression is clearly visible), but they wanted to know the size.

Comment

The pips don't necessarily have to match as an upgraded rank can easily have two different pips, though matching or closely matching ones seem to look better. Sadly we can't credit Gladys with "It Takes Two Baby"!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Baird View Post
              Thank you! I found an early dark green, silver-bordered shoulder board at an antique store pretty cheap. At one time it had at least one pip on it and I am trying to determine what else was attached so I can "restore" it. I took pictures but realize I can't post them here. I did post them on another forum, but so far, no help. I was going to buy one pip (who's impression is clearly visible), but they wanted to know the size.
              You can post pictures from your PC you don't have to be an A member just implemented last night
              Ranger Boats. There is no substitute

Comment

I like where this is going! Dare I ask, what is a pip anyhow? They all look the same to me. Is a Private one pip, a corporal two, etc?
                (My board only has an imprint for one pip. It's the other imprint I can't figure out.

Wow! That is very kind of WAF! Thank you!!!! May I be the first.....
                Attached Files

Comment

How about Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler for the large imprint on the board? A very kind friend thinks he may see that. Although my pics make the board appear black, it is very dark green though.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                  X