No announcement yet.

Captured German gear in Russian use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a Russian sniper in action wearing a german Zeltbahn ...
    Attached Files

Comment

Sublime
      I could look at Cammo shots all day long.
      Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
        Sublime
        I could look at Cammo shots all day long.
        Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        another two for you, snipers.....

Marco
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J. Csernus View Post
          nide thread! one more with dot pants in Budapest.
          Great pic.
          SS no doubt.
          Look like an oak print.
          Could be the Green side.
          Very hard to tell.

Comment

I'll do some more!
            Pants made from a splinter zelt, a splinter tant German belts, a dagger and
            lastly M44 DOT SS parka pants!
            Attached Files

Comment

More! Mosly converted German belts + MP44 and a bayonet!
              Attached Files

Comment

More examples: belts, LW flight jacket a dagger,a German M44 tunic and Dot 44 parka pants in Russian use!
                Attached Files

Comment

More captured gear including again SS parka pants, a LW flight helmet,
                  a German tunic with Russian collar insignia and a captured LW flightblouse,
                  lastly a Soviet officer in a UK battle dress tunic! They wore whatever!
                  Attached Files

Comment

More Russian belts, including a female wearing one, German coveralls!
                    Attached Files

Comment

The German also used captured Russian camo gear!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wearing even best quality enemy uniforms in case of capturing would be more than risky business. A reason to very fast death.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
                          Wearing even best quality enemy uniforms in case of capturing would be more than risky business. A reason to very fast death.
                          Agreed and many of these examples actually show enemy items being worn before the hostilities ended...
                          So taking a chance!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                            Agreed and many of these examples actually show enemy items being worn before the hostilities ended...
                            So taking a chance!
                            NickG are you sure that many of these photos have been taken before the hostilities ended?
                            Have they a certain shooting date? Do they come from a certain source?
                            Many of them seem to me photos posing after the end of the war, including those in combat action!
                            As other collectors have already said I do not think that fighting troops used enemy uniforms in action, with the exception of equipment and perhaps some trousers.
                            Too dangerous, both for friendly fire and in case of capture.
                            I remember what happened to American troops in Normandy wearing camo uniforms very similar to the enemy.
                            They were forced immediately to change them, due to the many losses from friendly fire.

Regards

Comment

I am pretty sure that all of those shots are taken after the hostalities ended. Just look at the photos....they are all posed for the camera. And after the battles they were proud to show their trophies. Just read the memoires from Soviet veterans...in some they even tell about this.

Fieldgear is something different. That was used all the time, including belts.
                              Collecting Soviet orders and medals.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
                                I am pretty sure that all of those shots are taken after the hostalities ended. Just look at the photos....they are all posed for the camera. And after the battles they were proud to show their trophies. Just read the memoires from Soviet veterans...in some they even tell about this.

Fieldgear is something different. That was used all the time, including belts.
                                Absolutely agree Marcel!
                                As I said, since 80s, in my research I have never seen Russians wearing german uniforms in war time pics. They wore only equipment!

IMO all the pics posted here, except mine, are post war posed photos of victorious soldiers wearing their hunting trophies.

Likewise all the German uniforms found with Russian marking are for post-war uses.

Marco
                                Last edited by Zip3120; 04-15-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X