Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questionable Schulterklappen, Tropenuniform on the E-Stand ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Here all speak about reproductions and fakes. It would be desirable to understand a shoulder strap on examples in what here distinctions with originals? I do not see any red flags.
    Yours faithfully!
    Yury

    Comment


      #32
      The more skillfully made and convincing reproductions are, the more I despise them and the people who make them and those who sell them. Am I correct that it has been suggested that this seller is also suspected of being the creator of these offerings?

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by OSS View Post
        Am I correct that it has been suggested that this seller is also suspected of being the creator of these offerings?
        That’s the vibe I was getting. I sure hope that if this is case, there is proof. This is a huge accusation that is extremely damaging if false.
        Last edited by PaulR; 01-20-2019, 12:42 PM.
        Looking for documents/items pertaining to Warsaw 1944 Uprising

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by OSS View Post
          The more skillfully made and convincing reproductions are, the more I despise them and the people who make them and those who sell them. Am I correct that it has been suggested that this seller is also suspected of being the creator of these offerings?
          Ich warte auch auf eine Offenbarung über meine Lederfabrik in Hamburg

          I'm also waiting for a revelation about my leather factory in Hamburg
          Wanted: soldier phrase books (Soldaten-Sprachführer); photos, personal documents, insignias, fieldpost of interpreters (Dolmetscher, Sprachmittler etc.), officials, Sonderführer (SS-Fachführer)

          Comment


            #35
            Danke Tim für deine Meinung.
            Ich hätte einige Fragen noch.

            1. Gab es spezielle Schulterklappen bestimmt für ein Heeres-Tropenhemd ?

            2. Du kennst bestimmt den Namen von Andrew Mollo
            Seine Sammlung wurde verkauft
            und da waren einige Sachen,
            die nach verwendeten Stoffen "nicht echt" sind
            Wie kannst du den Herrn Mollo bezeichnen ?

            3. Wenn ich die Riemen von genannten Tropen-Schulterklappen abschneide, sind die Reste nach deiner Meinung echt?

            Danke

            translate.eu:

            Thanks Tim for your opinion.
            I still had some questions.

            1. were there special shoulder straps intended for an Heer tropical shirt?

            2. you know determines the name of Andrew Mollo
            His collection was sold
            and there were a few things
            you are after used materials "not real"
            How can you describe the Mister Mollo?

            3. If I cut off the strap of these tropical epaulettes, are the remains real for your opinion?

            Thank you
            Wanted: soldier phrase books (Soldaten-Sprachführer); photos, personal documents, insignias, fieldpost of interpreters (Dolmetscher, Sprachmittler etc.), officials, Sonderführer (SS-Fachführer)

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              First time in 13 years
              Am sure this brought a smile to everyone following this thread

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Stive View Post
                Here all speak about reproductions and fakes. It would be desirable to understand a shoulder strap on examples in what here distinctions with originals? I do not see any red flags.

                Thanks for your comment
                While i do not want to go into the ABC's of tropical straps. The difference in details between these straps and originals has already been stated in this thread... details.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by OSS View Post
                  The more skillfully made and convincing reproductions are, the more I despise them and the people who make them and those who sell them. Am I correct that it has been suggested that this seller is also suspected of being the creator of these offerings?
                  Agree that knowingly selling fakes as originals is despicable.
                  Do not know who is the "creator" of these tropical straps recently appearing ?

                  Thanks for your contributions sir

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                    That’s the vibe I was getting. I sure hope that if this is case, there is proof. This is a huge accusation that is extremely damaging if false.
                    Agree Paul, it's one thing to offer fakes for sale, can happen. It's another to make the fakes and offer them as originals. Not sure of the origin of the straps myself ? Thanks again my friend.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Sprachfuehrer View Post
                      Danke Tim

                      Thanks Tim for your opinion.
                      I still had some questions.

                      1. were there special shoulder straps intended for an Heer tropical shirt?

                      2. you know determines the name of Andrew Mollo
                      His collection was sold
                      and there were a few things
                      you are after used materials "not real"
                      How can you describe the Mister Mollo?

                      3. If I cut off the strap of these tropical epaulettes, are the remains real for your opinion?

                      Thank you
                      Thanks for responding.

                      1. There is no such thing as Herr tropical shirt shoulderstraps. The solders in Afrika were issued two sets of straps, One for the jacket, one for the shirt.

                      2. Yes Mollo had the good, the bad, and the ugly as is so often found in old time collections. Also "heard" there were original pieces "restored" so to speak.
                      Are these straps from this collection ?

                      3. Interesting question. Do not think that would help.

                      danka
                      Tim

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
                        Thanks for responding. ...
                        Moin, Tim!
                        1. Alles klar, mal sehen,
                        ich halte es im Kopf
                        2.1 Über Mollo: stimmt genau.
                        2.2 Diese Schulterklappen aus einer anderen Sammlung.
                        3. Glaube ich nicht. Aber egal
                        Ich warte noch auf die Fortsetzung der Geschichte über meine Lederfabrikation in Hamburg von FESTUNGBREST

                        translate.eu:
                        Hello, Tim!
                        1. clearly, let's see about
                        I think it is in my head
                        2.1 about MOLLO: that's right.
                        2.2 these shoulder flaps from another collection.
                        3. I do not believe. But no matter
                        I still waiting for the continuation of the story about my leather factory in Hamburg from FESTUNGBREST
                        Wanted: soldier phrase books (Soldaten-Sprachführer); photos, personal documents, insignias, fieldpost of interpreters (Dolmetscher, Sprachmittler etc.), officials, Sonderführer (SS-Fachführer)

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post

                          1. There is no such thing as Herr tropical shirt shoulderstraps. The solders in Afrika were issued two sets of straps, One for the jacket, one for the shirt.

                          Tim
                          Hello Tim,

                          where have you got this information from Tim that one of the sets of shoulder straps issued, was for the shirt ?

                          Chris

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
                            Thanks for your comment
                            While i do not want to go into the ABC's of tropical straps. The difference in details between these straps and originals has already been stated in this thread... details.
                            Thanks Tim. I understood that except your words, more no red flags will exist.
                            Yours faithfully!
                            Yury

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                              Hello Tim,

                              where have you got this information from Tim that one of the sets of shoulder straps issued, was for the shirt ?

                              Chris
                              I believe he intended to say "and one for the overcoat".

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by OSS View Post
                                I believe he intended to say "and one for the overcoat".
                                As I understand it,

                                Soldiers going to Afrika in 1941 were issued with two tropical tunics and two pair of tropical shoulder straps. A pair for each tunic

                                The tropical great coat raises the question of another pair of woolen tropical straps for that garment. Thus a third pair but I am not sure on that ??? May be the great coats were issued with straps already attached ???

                                There was no issue of WH tropical straps for the WH tropical shirt. Any that you see in period pictures are tunic straps being worn on the shirt and involved exchanging between the two garments as needed,

                                Chris

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing this Thread

                                Collapse

                                There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                                Working...
                                X