CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Sand or Khaki Afrika Korp, August 1944 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remi-ngton10
    replied
    Originally posted by Remi-ngton10 View Post
    Hello,

More photos of the 15th panzergrenadier division in France in 1944 ?

Thanks
    Hello, up !

Leave a comment:

• Remi-ngton10
    replied
    Hello, up !

Leave a comment:

• Remi-ngton10
    replied
    Hello, UP !

Leave a comment:

• Remi-ngton10
    replied
    Hello,

More photos of the 15th panzergrenadier division in France in 1944 ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Remi-ngton10
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
    Interesting thread, here is member Ralph Heinz's tunic from the 115th PzGr Regt taken in Tunisia in '43. The 115th was one of the primary units in the rebuilt 15th Pz Gr Div. A later style 1st pattern tropical tunic and notice the shade of green used for the waffenfarbe from his original Continental tunic
    Thank you very much all pouces vers le haut

Leave a comment:

• Tim O'Keefe
    replied
    Interesting thread, here is member Ralph Heinz's tunic from the 115th PzGr Regt taken in Tunisia in '43. The 115th was one of the primary units in the rebuilt 15th Pz Gr Div. A later style 1st pattern tropical tunic and notice the shade of green used for the waffenfarbe from his original Continental tunic
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hoover
    replied
    Sorry, he only said that they changed their tropicals (he always called them summer uniforms, only the shorts and shortsleeve shirts he called tropical) in France after arriving. I have written down all his memories, but I didn´t ask after details like this.
    Like so many questions I found in the recent years...

Leave a comment:

• Remi-ngton10
    replied
    Originally posted by hoover View Post
    It was very common for the 15. PzGrenDiv. My grandfather was in the PzGrenRegt 115 and he said that they were transferred to France from Italy very fast, and they changed their "summer uniforms" in France.

He died 2005, so I can´t ask him, and I have no photos from the Lorraine.

Bye
    Frank
    Hello,

Thank you very much for your very interesting answer.
    I live in the Aube in Champagne Ardennes and not in Lorraine

You have more info on the propitiousness that it is passed in the Dawn?

I do not have the list of regiments ...

It would be necessary to know from what month they changed their uniform ???

Thank you for your answers.

Leave a comment:

• hoover
    replied
    It was very common for the 15. PzGrenDiv. My grandfather was in the PzGrenRegt 115 and he said that they were transferred to France from Italy very fast, and they changed their "summer uniforms" in France.

He died 2005, so I can´t ask him, and I have no photos from the Lorraine.

Bye
    Frank

Leave a comment:

• OSS
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
    INteresting photo, I thought the Stug-officer was wearing the mouse-gray tunic, but it looks like it is closing in the middle..??..is it something completely different..?..and what is the twisted cord that disappear into his right pocket..?..And maybe he is a Panzer officer and not Stug..?..black cap..
    It really was a mess with the uniforms at that time.
    There is nothing irregular about the Panzer officer's attire; he is wearing the mouse grey combination with the jacket tucked into the trousers. The uniform which seems out of place is the tropical attire of the Pz. Gren. officer (which is the subject of the thread).

Leave a comment:

• jacquesf
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
    INteresting photo, I thought the Stug-officer was wearing the mouse-gray tunic, but it looks like it is closing in the middle..??..is it something completely different..?..and what is the twisted cord that disappear into his right pocket..?..And maybe he is a Panzer officer and not Stug..?..black cap..
    There is a thread were a lot of of research and pictorial evidence was provided of exactly that type of scull configuration in Africa. It obviously continued into Europa. J

Leave a comment:

• Hans Kristian
    replied
    Originally posted by OSS View Post
    Though all members of the 15th Pz. Gren. Div. would soon be wearing Feldgrau woolen continental uniforms, at the time they transferred from the Italian theater to France in August of 1944 many were still wearing tropical uniforms. This photo, once believed by some to be an Afrika veteran from the 21st Pz. Div. during the Normandy campaign, is in fact an officer from the 15th Pz. Gren. in the French town of Croismare in Lorraine. As for the various colors of German tropical uniform; while they were more varied in Africa, later issue was more "uniformly" olive green. The officer in this photo however is wearing Luftwaffe issue tropical Uberfallhose as was his preference.

Leave a comment:

• John Hodgin
    replied
    Originally posted by Remi-ngton10 View Post
    What is the trousers ?

Thanks !

Luftwaffe Uberfallhose.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• OSS
    replied
    Originally posted by OSS View Post
    The officer in this photo however is wearing Luftwaffe issue tropical Uberfallhose as was his preference.

Leave a comment:

• Remi-ngton10
    replied
    What is the trousers ?

Thanks !

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X