Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Sand or Khaki Afrika Korp, August 1944 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Sand or Khaki Afrika Korp, August 1944 ???

Hello,

I would like to know, the two colors used in Afrika Korp, yellow sand and khaki green were used in what years?

Sand and khaki were used during the same period or one was used before the other?

What color is used for a unit that fought in Africa and who comes to fight in France in August 1944 (15th Panzergrenadier Division)? http://www.wikiwand.com/de/15._Panzergrenadier-Division

And the equipment was standard or was it tropical?

According to the civilians, the uniforms were kaki but good what is khaki for them ???

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest spending time on this thread http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=213638 and using the waf search function. J

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

I recommend taking some time to study the following forum dedicated to Afrika Korp and Tropical militaria... http://afrikakorps.forumcrea.com/index.php

Comment

Though all members of the 15th Pz. Gren. Div. would soon be wearing Feldgrau woolen continental uniforms, at the time they transferred from the Italian theater to France in August of 1944 many were still wearing tropical uniforms. This photo, once believed by some to be an Afrika veteran from the 21st Pz. Div. during the Normandy campaign, is in fact an officer from the 15th Pz. Gren. in the French town of Croismare in Lorraine. As for the various colors of German tropical uniform; while they were more varied in Africa, later issue was more "uniformly" olive green. The officer in this photo however is wearing Luftwaffe issue tropical Uberfallhose as was his preference.
          Attached Files

Comment

Fascinating picture. J

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
              Though all members of the 15th Pz. Gren. Div. would soon be wearing Feldgrau woolen continental uniforms, at the time they transferred from the Italian theater to France in August of 1944 many were still wearing tropical uniforms. This photo, once believed by some to be an Afrika veteran from the 21st Pz. Div. during the Normandy campaign, is in fact an officer from the 15th Pz. Gren. in the French town of Croismare in Lorraine. As for the various colors of German tropical uniform; while they were more varied in Africa, later issue was more "uniformly" olive green. The officer in this photo however is wearing Luftwaffe issue tropical Uberfallhose as was his preference.
              Thank you very much !

http://www.materielsterrestres39-45..../633-croismare

Comment

What is the trousers ?

Thanks !

Comment

The officer in this photo however is wearing Luftwaffe issue tropical Uberfallhose as was his preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Remi-ngton10 View Post
                    What is the trousers ?

Thanks !

Luftwaffe Uberfallhose.
                    Attached Files
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

INteresting photo, I thought the Stug-officer was wearing the mouse-gray tunic, but it looks like it is closing in the middle..??..is it something completely different..?..and what is the twisted cord that disappear into his right pocket..?..And maybe he is a Panzer officer and not Stug..?..black cap..
                      It really was a mess with the uniforms at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
                        INteresting photo, I thought the Stug-officer was wearing the mouse-gray tunic, but it looks like it is closing in the middle..??..is it something completely different..?..and what is the twisted cord that disappear into his right pocket..?..And maybe he is a Panzer officer and not Stug..?..black cap..
                        There is a thread were a lot of of research and pictorial evidence was provided of exactly that type of scull configuration in Africa. It obviously continued into Europa. J

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
                          There is nothing irregular about the Panzer officer's attire; he is wearing the mouse grey combination with the jacket tucked into the trousers. The uniform which seems out of place is the tropical attire of the Pz. Gren. officer (which is the subject of the thread).

Comment

It was very common for the 15. PzGrenDiv. My grandfather was in the PzGrenRegt 115 and he said that they were transferred to France from Italy very fast, and they changed their "summer uniforms" in France.

He died 2005, so I can´t ask him, and I have no photos from the Lorraine.

Bye
                            Frank

Comment

Originally posted by hoover View Post
                              It was very common for the 15. PzGrenDiv. My grandfather was in the PzGrenRegt 115 and he said that they were transferred to France from Italy very fast, and they changed their "summer uniforms" in France.

He died 2005, so I can´t ask him, and I have no photos from the Lorraine.

Bye
                              Frank
                              Hello,

Thank you very much for your very interesting answer.
                              I live in the Aube in Champagne Ardennes and not in Lorraine

You have more info on the propitiousness that it is passed in the Dawn?

I do not have the list of regiments ...

It would be necessary to know from what month they changed their uniform ???

Thank you for your answers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X