Panzer Jacket found at an estate sale today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Jacket found at an estate sale today

Got a heads up from a friend about this jacket at a local estate sale. I do know the home owner was a WWII veteran, but that doesn't make anything real or fake. I do not know anything about these or if it is correct. With the price they had on it, I thought I would take a chance. I tried to take enough photos, but I can take more if it will help. Thanks for any opinion's.

http://s20.postimg.org/ip2j9nwd9/image.jpg

Last edited by rrobertscv; 05-13-2016, 06:48 PM.

I have never seen Russia braid used as piping on shoulder straps. Anyway better pictures are needed (eagle, markings, shoulder straps, etc.).

Comment

Interesting. Is the shoulder board stitched down to the the jacket along the piping? That is what it looks like to me ...but it also looks as if there is no shoulder strap....just soutache stitched in place. More pics if possible

Comment

.....same with the collar tab...I think it is just soutache stitched in place.
        I am probably wrong but I think some late war jackets were done in that manner.
        Last edited by David T; 05-13-2016, 07:07 PM. Reason: unintentionaly submitted

Comment

The shoulder boards are sewn down all the way around.

Comment

Looks like it may be a very late war panzer jacket. Based on the pictures the jacket may be good. The eagle is good for sure! I have never seen piping sewn directly to shoulders (straps?).

Steve
            From above "AIRBORNE!"

Collector of DAK Related Uniforms and Equipment

See my collection: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=201191

Comment

This one was made when the T34's were rolling down the street where the factory was.

Comment

From the photos I am somewhat skeptical,don't care for the markings (and 43 date) The eagle is oddly sewn with the bottom of the wreath being sewn by hand like you would see on tropical tunics when it overlaps the pocket but I think I may have seen that on a few 4 pocket wool tunics.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Take some better high resolution clear photos please.

I like it more than I don't. Can you take some clear photos of the interior and the markings again?
                  WAF & MILITARIA INFLUENCER

Comment

I will get some better pics tomorrow, thanks for all the feedback so far

Comment

Nice very late made jacket !
                      Never seen shoulder boards made like this, but why not as it was surely made for
                      collar patches ?
                      Nick

Comment

I believe you have an original, very late war jacket with some very interesting features. As stated, the shoulder board piping is very unique - just goes to show we haven't seen it all!

Show us more, please!

regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rrobertscv View Post
                          The shoulder boards are sewn down all the way around.
                          Maybe somewhat irrelevant but from I read sometime ago the early versions were made up in this manner.

-Ray-
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Ray- View Post
                            Maybe somewhat irrelevant but from I read sometime ago the early versions were made up in this manner.

-Ray-
                            Yes but on early wraps and with a very different piping, not with soutache. Really strange wrap. looking forwards to new and better pics.

Carles
                            looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

I am not convinced the wrap is original yet with these not so great photos but seeing boards sewn down to the jacket is normal. They did this so the straps did not catch on latches inside the vehicles etc. We did this in the American Army as well with our field jackets.
                              Collecting Nebeltruppe-Smoke Troops Items and Post-War Unit Histories

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X