DAK/Tropical boards at estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK/Tropical boards at estand

I know pics are not sufficient to make a definite call but potential buyers of the tunic should be aware. Personally these boards do not convince me at all

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=857425
    Attached Files
    sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I agree;
    photo of the reverse side needed to make
    an accurate assessment..

Comment

So far the base material of the twill, piping and button hole stitching look bad to me.

Comment

I like the tunic and think it is priced fairly without straps; the straps are reproductions but nice fillers.

Comment

Originally posted by don_kihotis7 View Post
          So far the base material of the twill, piping and button hole stitching look bad to me.

I can see why you are questioning the button hole and agree that could be a red flag. However I need to see better images to say more.

Why do you think the twill is bad ? Looks to be the lighter gauge tropical cloth that the Germans used in later 1942, 43 and 44.

The piping is an interesting call. I know the cloth type you mean but honestly that could be perfectly good rayon piping. The light is catching it from a certain angle when photographed and it looks more like cloth than the interlocking threads of the rayon weave.

If the seller could post some good images of the front and back of the boards along with close ups of the button holes then that would answer some questions.

Could they be 1944 tropical straps ? It will be interesting to learn if the boards were on the tunic when found in Rome,

Chris

Comment

I too would like to see better pics of the straps. Underside of the tongue especially. Buttonholes look bad from photos. Jacket itself is really nice late model.

Comment

Maybe it's the angle but i don't see the typical "fishbone" weave.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by don_kihotis7 View Post
                Maybe it's the angle but i don't see the typical "fishbone" weave.
                The weave of the twill can vary on some later tropical boards. It is acceptable for later 1942 43 & 44.

However, I await better images of the boards,

Chris

Comment

I wouldn't write these boards off as of yet either. Some of this material was produced in thicker and thinner gauge weave damn near to the point of shirt material which may affect the image of the texture.

-Ray-
                  Last edited by -Ray-; 05-08-2016, 08:43 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hallo thanks for yours interest, IMHO, the shoulder boards are original and right for late war period. Honestly I have to say I bought them after some time after jacket purchase....from an old collector.

However I think , as some of you already said, that the price I request should be fair also for this jacket alone .

hera some other pics like request.

best regards
                    Mario
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

For me, one look fakes

Comment

+1

Comment

Tropen Schulterklappen

Personally, I don't care for them either.
                              el·e·phant: a mouse built to government specifications...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X