No announcement yet.

Post your favorite Heer shoulder strap/board and/or collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very impressive!!!!! cheers for posting them!!

Comment

oops i told a HUGE lie!! i have another board! this to panzer kc winner Erwin Kressmann Pz Abw Abt 12 who i met and have a good few signatures and pics from! i CANT belive i forgot this one!!!!! and i know where the other board is but the owner will not sell-yet that is!!!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by paddywhack; 10-16-2004, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Theres definately some nice insignia being posted.Here are a few more items I've posted before-

Comment

Pruett, you've got WAY too many pieces that I yearn for....

Here's another half dozen of mine.

Colonel, 1st Rifle Regiment (Motorized).
          Staff Sergeant, Armor NCO Candidate School.
          Staff Sergeant, Armorer School.
          Corporal, 1st Pioniere Battalion.
          Major, Ordnance Agency.
          1st Lieutenant, Bicycle Battalion 1.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dave Suter (Sarge); 10-17-2004, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Here's a set for a judicial LTC. The tabs with the single large litze are rare, introduced in March 1930 and changed to double litzen September 1935. I have another complete set (probably from the same guy) that are for the white tunic (ie the boards have wings).
            Attached Files

Comment

This is a great thread. Here are a few of mine. First is all the loose insignia I have int he collection.

Top row: A set of GD Leutnant boards
              A set of polizei boards
              53rd Infantry Division boards for an Unteroffizier and Leutnant
              Very faded Oberstleutnant Transportation board
              Middle row: 3 sets of used collar tabs for a Pioneer, Grenadier and Artillery
              Unused set for a Pionier still in wrapper
              single Infantry officer collar tab
              Bottom row: Another used set of Grenadier tabs and various slip on numbers
              Attached Files
              Todd
              Collector of German Press Photos and Waffenrocks

Comment

An Oberleutnant Administration board.
                Attached Files
                Todd

Comment

An Oberst Artillery board for the 35th Artillery Regiment.
                  Attached Files
                  Todd

Comment

And the final one for today (I'll post more in the next few days).

An Oberst Cavalry board for the 3rd Cavalry (Reserve) Regiment.
                    Attached Files
                    Todd

Comment

Thanks to everyone for posting!

I happy to see others are enjoying this thread as much as I am.
                      Thanks once again Sarge for the kind words. Likewise there are a large number of pieces in your collection I also covet!

Now, for something common that is just a little unusual. Many years ago I bought this strap through the mail and I was told it was a pre-war Feldbluse strap with Panzer pink piping. When I received it and took it out of the package I said to myself "I don’t think this is a Feldbluse strap at all!" I knew it was good as reproduction straps back then were not even close to this high quality. I next thought it could be either a prototype strap or some type of transitional piece. But that was just a WAG.

Other than the TM’s, the We Inc. book, a few Bender books and the B. L. Davis book reference material was minimal in the early 1970s. I came upon some material on Russian volunteer units and I then determined that this was a Georgian volunteer. Likewise, Russian volunteer material (other than the sleeve shields) was hard to come across.

It wasn’t until several years later that I had the chance to see more Russian volunteer shoulder straps that I realized the quality of this piece (early quality wool piping, badge cloth and so on) was more akin to a pre-war manufactured piece rather than something produced from 1943 on.

While I’ve never collected Russian volunteer items I’ve somehow managed to hold on to this strap. I would appreciate any opinions from those who are more knowledgeable than I on this subject.

Thanks
                      Mike
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Michael H. Pruett; 10-17-2004, 11:07 AM.

Comment

The back

Attached Files

Comment

More Recon

Here are a few more Aufklärungs/Panzeraufklärungs pieces.

1.(Panzerspäh)/ Aufklärungs-Abteilung 13 (mot.). Circa 1937 –1938. In 1938 this unit changed from rose pink to golden yellow branch color. The collar tab is a padded, private purchase version.

Aufklärungs Major, Parade Dress.

Panzeraufklärungs Oberfeldwebel. M44 style shoulder strap.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mike:
                            You are killing me! I am very admiring of what you are posting. For that matter, everyone is showing some very nice quality insignia...but for my friend Mike:
                            Attached Files
                            CSP

sigpic

Comment

and a small Konvolute
                              Attached Files
                              CSP

sigpic

Comment

Scott, any chance of getting a close up of that last collar tab?
                                AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X