Post your favorite Heer shoulder strap/board and/or collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

Thought I would get in on the act as well.
    Attached Files

Comment

Shoulder Boards.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by nellyp51; 10-14-2004, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Mike:
        I am scanner challenged these days having only a printer/fax/scanner combination which is only a decent printer. Sooo...I was hesitant to post crumby scans. But your thread is very good and I erred toward contributing something regardless.

Jim:
        Some nice GD straps. You have only the second example I have ever seen of the smaler GD officer cypher. I own a single Pionier board with one...that's it. You have more of this size cypher?

Rick:
        Awesome general's strap...very rare! Thanks for that one.

Anyhow...since Lehr seems to be a popular trend in this thread, here's more. These being red piped for Artillery/Sturmartillerie Lehr
        Attached Files
        CSP

sigpic

Comment

Yup..sacns look as bad on line as they do on my c: drive.

Here are Pz Pi Lehr and "Panzer" (rosa) Lehr
          Attached Files
          CSP

sigpic

Comment

The FHQ /FBB is a particular interest of mine. The cuffband has snaps on teh reverse for easy on-off the uniform. According to veteran sources, these were only allowed to be worn when NOT at the FHQ...a rule of I think 150 Km applied.
            Attached Files
            CSP

sigpic

Comment

The Berlin Wache is also an area I highly prize in my collecting...here are some examples of insignia:
              Attached Files
              CSP

sigpic

Comment

Lastly - I cannot think of a more rare strap in my collection than this one (actually, I have the set of everything shown)
                Attached Files
                CSP

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottPritchett
                  Lastly - I cannot think of a more rare strap in my collection than this one (actually, I have the set of everything shown)
                  Hi Scott,

Some awesome insignia! I love the GD insignia, just can't afford to buy it anymore.

The small ciphers are a pair I got from Mike Pruett.Whats interesting is the board was originally Cav and pink cloth was added to reflect Panzer.

I also posted some non standard GD boards and the consensus is we're waiting for you to comment. Jim

Comment

I'm glad to see all of those PzPi examples out there. PzPi is still a big painful hole in my collection. Nice looking Berlin Wache straps too! Yet another hole.
                    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

More great pieces!

Nellyp51,

Nice set of Panzer-Lehr Oberst boards. My researches indicate there were only three officers of this rank who commanded the Panzer-Lehr-Regiment.

Oberst Conze, 15.04.39 – 01.11.39

Oberst Ostmann v.d. Leye, 01.11.39 – 08.42

Oberst Gerhardt, 31.12.43 –

Thought you might find this of interest.

Scott, your awesome pieces don’t need a super scanner, they all speak for themselves!

The Panzerjäger GD straps (w/"p") are one incredibly rare set. The best as I can determine these must have been worn for a short period during 1943. Anyone have any documentation on this? For those who are interested, period photos showing these straps in wear appear on pages 274 & 275 of the EDITIONS HEIMDAL book LA GROSSDEUTSCHLAND. Anyone else know of any more?

The FHQ/FBB items, especially 5./(Pz.) FBB are also favorite topics of mine as well. Nice pieces! The field gray, white piped Totenkopf tabs are exactly what were being worn on their HBTs in my photographs taken of this unit in Narva.

Keep showing these tabs, straps & boards photos folks!

Mike

Comment

I can't even find a single strap and Steve has freakin' uniforms...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Suter (Sarge)
                          I can't even find a single strap and Steve has freakin' uniforms...
                          Hey Steve,

Daves right you have way too many Pz Pi items.You should share the wealth . Some really great items .Jim

Comment

More Panzerpionier

Steve,
                            Thanks for posting "a few" of your great Panzerpionier pieces.
                            Here are a few of mine.

Pionier-Btl./Panzerpionier-Btl. 16 Unteroffizier Parade Dress.
                            Panzerpionier Unteroffizier. Fleck piped.
                            Panzerpionier Oberleutnant. Black & Silver twist piping. The collar tab has
                            been in my collection longer than any other piece I own.
                            Attached Files

Comment

So STOP already! Those piped PzPi officer boards are making me drool all over the freakin' keyboard.

Anyway, here's another half dozen from me. By the way, since Mike started all this, the 'MS' strap at the far left is the same one pictured in Mike's Panzer uniform book, page 263, plate 2.3.

Staff Sergeant, Army Motorising School (Testing Battalion).
                              Sergeant, 4th Rifle Regiment (Motorized). (Strap is pictured on page 406 of Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army, Volume 1. Jack identified it in the book as artillery, but the color is clearly panzer.)
                              Staff Sergeant, Railroad Engineer unit.
                              Major, 3rd Railroad Engineer Battalion (I have the pair).
                              Private, 19th Fortress Engineer Staff (created June 1939; the Gothic letters indicate a pre-mobilization unit).
                              1st Lieutenant, Fortress Construction Material Column.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Dave Suter (Sarge); 10-17-2004, 08:07 PM.

Comment

these are my only boards at the mo! a pair of rural police boards!! fairly bright!! il post my collar tabs tomorow!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X