• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,
    Here are a few more, some identified, some not,
    Kerry.
    Attached Files

Comment

A couple more, one with captured weapons and pouches, plus short boots and gaiters.
      Kerry.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kerryboo; 04-11-2019, 03:34 AM.

Comment

And a final one, newly issued, I think, but which army of origin is unknown to me.
        Kerry.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great shots! Had to move 90% of my collection but love to see photos and the items for reissue and Foreign Volunteers.

We all always have to keep in mind just about anything goes as far as For. Vol. items. Anything combination of insignia etc. Resewn or replaced insignia means nothing.
          As long as there is nothing reproduction everything can be considered when your looking to buy a piece. Do your research and checking before you go to a big show or to buy from someone.
          It's hard as sometimes you only have 10 minuets to look at something and purchase! Oddities , rarities etc we've seen doesn't mean crazy high prices. Pay reasonable amounts for your pieces,,I think you'll feel better but the main thing is to enjoy what you get..
          Good going guys.. Keep the photos and items coming.

Comment

Let’s see some more!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This hit my FB feed....You never see this...
              Ukrainian (Galician Div) SS volunteers including a member with a converted Dutch tunic!
              Attached Files

Comment

Could someone with a Dutch converted tunic tell me if the padding was left in the shoulders or was it taken out? Specifically for the combat converted type, with lower pockets added

Comment

Originally posted by selig33 View Post
                  Could someone with a Dutch converted tunic tell me if the padding was left in the shoulders or was it taken out? Specifically for the combat converted type, with lower pockets added
                  Padding left alone!

Comment

Not strictly true Nick, I have seen them with full and partial linings in place. When it's safe to become a member again I will post some pictures.

Jon

Comment

There are many variations of how Dutch tunics were factory converted for reissue. In some cases the padding was removed. In addition to that, many factory made issue (and tailor made) Dutch tunics were tailor converted for German use. Some are conversions that were done so complete the only clue the jacket is Dutch is a 7 button front.
                      Collecting Nebeltruppe-Smoke Troops Items and Post-War Unit Histories

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                      X