Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike TM
    replied
    Very nice both female uniforms. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Antonio Scapini
    replied
    It is really a great one Jim!! That's a beauty!

Originally posted by djpool View Post
    Wow, now SS Helferin items are rare. Of course your braver then I am. I'm not sure I've seen a female SS tunic on the SS forum that ever gets blessed. If there's one seam out of place they get blasted. Its a tough crowd to win over.
    Jim, to be honest I no need to post these pieces on SS forum. Most people who would comment on them never handled one in their life (and if you look at the period pictures you will find a lot of variations!).
    These pieces were made in various different ways and using from gabardine to wool, and I was (and still am) lucky enough to have 3 sets, coming from unquestionable sources. I was also lucky enough to know some very "inconvenient" people... For 2 of these 3 tunics I know where they were used.
    These tunics were made inside the camps and sized on the body of the owner.
    Inside you can find different types of fabrics, from cotton to rayon... Same for the black female SS overseas caps: different types of fabrics for cap and inside too.
    I could be wrong in a lot of fields of Militaria, but the KL items are the main field of my research and study. I think I know them even better than badges.

Leave a comment:

• djpool
    replied
    Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
    Great piece Jim!
    I really love female tunics-uniforms.
    I post here 2 rare sets from my collection: female SS KL guard.
    Hi Antonio,

Thank you for your comments.

Wow, now SS Helferin items are rare. Of course your braver then I am. I'm not sure I've seen a female SS tunic on the SS forum that ever gets blessed. If there's one seam out of place they get blasted. Its a tough crowd to win over.

Heres another new female addition to my collection. I posted it on the Heer forum.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=912168

Did you post any detailed pictures of your tunics anywhere? Regards Jim
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Antonio Scapini
    replied
    Great piece Jim!
    I really love female tunics-uniforms.
    I post here 2 rare sets from my collection: female SS KL guard.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• djpool
    replied
    One of the rarest in my collection. Obviously not as desirable as my mouse grey wrap or Cossack items but just as hard to find. Since many female uniforms were based on civilian designs they were easily adapted to postwar use.jim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by djpool; 05-17-2017, 07:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• airborne_steve
    replied
    My favourite Heer combat drillich tunic.
    With a hard life but still in nice conditions.
    Directly had from the owner with an amazing, unique "Stalingrad shield" + Stalingrad crosses on shoulder boards.
    Very nice HBT tunic and super nice traditions shield with Stalingrad Cross..

Leave a comment:

• Ostprussenmann
    replied
    Directly had from the owner with an amazing, unique "Stalingrad shield" + Stalingrad crosses on shoulder boards.
    Stunning uniform. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• DKNYC71
    replied
    Greetings, did you personally acquire this from the veteran?

Leave a comment:

• BlaineLeamon87
    replied
    Absolutely stunning tunic Antonio! I second the notion for more closer shots.

Leave a comment:

• jacquesf
    replied
    Antonio, absolute dream tunic of mine. Congrats on it, very fine piece. I love the red white on the sleeve insignia, the tradition colors of the 44th (austrian origen) I have an arty officers tunic with matching crusher to the same guy of the 44th inf. J

Leave a comment:

• Antonio Scapini
    replied
    Hi Jim, they perfectly match with those on the other tunic I showed years ago here on WAF and that I got from a family in Cassino where the 44 HuD fought and where the german officer (owner of the tunic) lived for some time. He left a lot of things there and come back after the war.
    In Cassino during the '60 childrens played on the streets with para helmets...

Leave a comment:

• djpool
    replied

Would love to see close ups of the show devices and sleeve shield. WR Jim

Leave a comment:

• Antonio Scapini
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• derka
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolf D. View Post
    Yes, that is the one I am referring to. The seller stated it is only used by smoke troops. I wish I had grabbed a photo of it. Until then, I had never seen one like it. He was asking about $3000 for it. If I see it at the SOS, I'll photo it.
    This tunic is not supposed to have collar tabs (if i understood correctly this one had some), and despite widely used by smoke troops, was not intended for them intialy in 1939 , and was used too in other type of branches, like pz, armored trains, heavy railways gun batteries, Heer flak units.
    Considering the asked price mentioned, you'll might have the opportunity to see again at the SOS.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf D.
    replied
    Originally posted by derka View Post
    You mean the HBT tunic with one breast pocket only on the left side ?
    Yes, that is the one I am referring to. The seller stated it is only used by smoke troops. I wish I had grabbed a photo of it. Until then, I had never seen one like it. He was asking about $3000 for it. If I see it at the SOS, I'll photo it.

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X