No announcement yet.

Rarest Heer Tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is rare, too...a Geschonte TSD (or Supply?) with Staff/Serpent cyphers and AFRIKA ct.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice tunic! TSD was more of a Pay/Personnel/Housing/Supply branch. Very nice! I am perplexed by the AK CT. Were they still allowed to be worn when the TSD was established, in Nov44?

Beautiful tunic.

Comment

Paul...Thanks for your observations.
        I have always been confused between the blue of TSD, Medical and Supply.
        The cyphers on the boards are of the Mercurial Staff design, which is called 'Supply' in Davis' book on Army uniforms (see p. 14), but the piping is similar to a TSD visor I used to have in my collection!
        According to Davis theAFRIKA ct was instituted in Jan '43, so if my boy was a Supply Officer then it would be consistent with the ct.
        The medal awards came on the tunic (don't know of course if they were ORIGINAL to the tunic), and again the West Wall award would relate to the Supply duties I could imagine.
        A nice added touch to the tunic is the addition of a small button between the 2nd and 3rd silver buttons to take one of the the loops of the aiguillete. Unfortunately there is no label to the tunic.

Comment

hello has all friends, I would say that a uniform of the Condor Legion, someone has in its collection a uniform to put here, no picture book. if a uniform rarest
          regards
          xisco

Comment

Originally posted by Bill H. View Post
            OKH and OKW enlisted tunics are not terribly common. At the last Show of Shows, Helmut Weitze had a waffenrock for a captain who was a band master in a panzergrenadier unit. THAT was a stunning uniform and he priced it higher than a Luftwaffe General der Flieger uniform he was also selling. I asked Helmut why the PzGren Hauptmann cost more than the G.d.Flieger and he said he'd had several G.d.Fliger tunics but this was the first PzGren bandmaster he'd ever had.

Cheers, Bill Huber
            Hi Bill,
            You are right Panzergrenadiere Waffenrock should be one of the rarest as Waffenrock had disappeared or had been transformed to Feldbluse long time before Panzergrenadiere ever existed !!! You probably meant grass green color of arm which in the case of a Waffenrock would be a Sch├╝tze . I wonder why Helmut named it Pz. Gre. in the first place.
            No offense! Just an info. All the best. Richard

Comment

Pinoneer Wrappe Der Speiss

PVL has for sale a Pinoneer Black wrapper Der Speiss.... it looks amazing. Never seen one before.
              Attached Files

Comment

How bout this one guys? any thoughts?

Im new to this site guys so please bear with me. I picked up this panzergrenadier tunic at an antique store a couple of months ago. Its as I purchased it except for the wound , tanker assalut, and pip on shoulderbord that was missing ( already had pin holes on the pocket so im not sure what was there originally). Im a novice collector and wasnt sure about the tunic but it looked good and I got it. I took it to the show of shows and was told it was rare and worth over $4000. I was offered $1500 cash by one of the dealers out there.. Is it rare? and what do you guys think its worth. Its staying in the collection and not for sale(right now that is..lol)but Im still curious. Any info on what type of tunic this is or when/where it was used would be interesting and appreciated. the guy that wanted to buy it was really impressed with all the grass green pipeng on it..he said something about that was only used a couple of years??? thanks for the info in advance
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Lenny W; 03-11-2020, 06:09 PM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Comment

Originally posted by macca007 View Post
                  PVL has for sale a Pinoneer Black wrapper Der Speiss.... it looks amazing. Never seen one before.

Hi,

I can't seem to find the listing on his site? Can you post a link to the pioneer wrapper? Thanks,

Richard

Comment

HI Richard,

PVL told me it was for sale(on consignment) but I as well couldn't find it there on his site. Email him and ask for more info on it. I was considering it but got several other buys on the go at present.

Best of luck.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by macca007 View Post
                      HI Richard,

PVL told me it was for sale(on consignment) but I as well couldn't find it there on his site. Email him and ask for more info on it. I was considering it but got several other buys on the go at present.

Best of luck.

Mark
                      Mark,

Any news on this wrap whether it sold or is still being offered somewhere? Thanks,

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                        Mark,

Any news on this wrap whether it sold or is still being offered somewhere? Thanks,

Richard
                        Looks good my friend, good hunt
                        Was this tunic already published ? I remember to have already seen it.
                        Luca
                        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

My understanding the Pz.Pi. Spiess was sold the day it was posted.

Comment

Originally posted by PANZERPIONIERE View Post
                            My understanding the Pz.Pi. Spiess was sold the day it was posted.
                            Steve,

Did you happen to get any more photos of it?

Richard

Comment

Not sure if the wrap is still for sale, but PvL offered it to me for 7950 Euros a few days back (I had e-mailed him expressing an interest not knowing the asking price). I think the original deal fell through. Wish I could afford it but with the conversion to Australian Dollars it came out at around $11,000 for me. Still, a very rare piece. I would e-mail him, it may still be for sale.

BC
                              Collecting Luftwaffe Ingenieurkorps (Corps of Engineers) Items
                              My Ingenieurkorps Collection

Comment

Wow, first time I check this thread and is worth every second
                                Thanks to all collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X