Rarest Heer Tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
    I'm a cap guy, and penal visors did exist, and apparently the tunic did too, but I can't be sure of that. This is a penal visor which is owned by a member of the forum who's name escapes me right now--this is the rarest waffenfarbe for visors as far as I am concerned:

Here is another one on a dealer's website:

http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/095h52.html

Tom
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 03-11-2020, 06:06 PM. Reason: Additional information
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” ~ John 8:32

Comment

Eric,

Killer rock...it should have it's own thread!

I agree with those that state true panzer pioneer flecked piping is the rarest waffenfarbe original to their respective uniforms, and I agree with Bob Hritz that the GD waffenrocks are some of the rarest tunics.

Richard
      Sola fide

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
        Here is another one on a dealer's website:

http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/095h52.html

Tom
        Glad I sold mine before the market turned down.
        Auf der Suche nach der Wahrheit

Comment

This would have to rate as the rarest. A Beamte NCO wearing a StuG wrap. The caption states he is with the GD div though you can't see the cuff tab.
          Picture came from Uniforms and Traditions Vol2
          Attached Files

Comment

Piped Nebelwerfer officer's four pocket service tunic. How many have ever seen one? I only know of two.
            Collecting Nebeltruppe-Smoke Troops Items and Post-War Unit Histories

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong View Post
              This would have to rate as the rarest. A Beamte NCO wearing a StuG wrap. The caption states he is with the GD div though you can't see the cuff tab.
              Picture came from Uniforms and Traditions Vol2
              Now that is cool!!!!!!
              Looking for documents/items pertaining to Warsaw 1944 Uprising

Comment

I agree with everyone they are all rare!

But to me this is the rarest, a true factory sewn fleck piped Pz.Pi. wrapper.
                Steve
                Attached Files
                COLLECTING INTERESTS: Steuermann items, Pi.Btl.16 or Pz.Pi.Btl.16, 16. Pz.Div. Cap Badges, PB.16 shoulder strap slides.

Comment

And what would be even rarer is an feldgrau Pz.Pi. wrapper with fleck waffenfarbe.
                  Steve
                  Attached Files
                  COLLECTING INTERESTS: Steuermann items, Pi.Btl.16 or Pz.Pi.Btl.16, 16. Pz.Div. Cap Badges, PB.16 shoulder strap slides.

Comment

I have pesonally not seen the fleck or plated weave waffenfarbe in wear, but it was definately used. Here is a set of board removed from a wrapper.
                    Very well used.
                    Steve

I am looking for any pictures of any Pz.Pi. especially wearing panzer uniforms. Also anything related to Pi./Pz.Pi.Btl.16 and the 16th Panzer Division.
                    Thank you
                    Attached Files

Comment

Steve,

Thanks...I've just added a black and field gray panzer pioneer wraps to my want list. When I get more than 2 or 3 of each I might trade you one...ha ha ha.

I've always loved the pioneer wraps and have only had one original is over 40 years. It would not have passed muster with its pink piped tabs and pioneer NCO boards. Your stuff is wonderful.

I do think these are among the rarest of the rare and under-appreciated.

Richard
                      Sola fide

Comment

Never seen an original field gray panzer pioneer wrap in other collections.
                        I would say more rare than the black one.
                        Luca
                        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

I would have to agree with Luca...I think the panzer pioneer stug version would be even more rare.

The only stug that might be more rare would be a Panzer Police stug with a photo of the owner wearing it. There aren't a lot of people saying that a pz pioneer stug version doesn't exist, no one has brought one forth yet. Many say a Police stug version does not exist.

Richard
                          Sola fide

Comment

I know of only ONE feldgrau Pz.Pi. wrapper with twist piping in a private collection, unfortunately it was sold last summer, and I have NO idea who has it, I tried to get it.
                            Steve

Comment

All very rare tunics, difficult to say which one is really the rarest...but I vote for a first type stug wrap (with dark green collar)

Gustavo

Comment

Originally posted by Gustavo66 View Post
                                All very rare tunics, difficult to say which one is really the rarest...but I vote for a first type stug wrap (with dark green collar)

Gustavo
                                I am agree and I have never seen one in this forum.
                                Luca
                                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X