X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
    Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking that if the waffenfarbe was worn, it would have been by the cadre/guards. Not the prisoners.

Paul
    OK makes more sense Penal unit staff member waffenfarbe and I was thinking about that as a possibility also,but wouldn't the guards wear standard feldgendarmerie orange? Its intriguing!
    Here's an old thread on penal unit waffenfarbe which turned out to be KM artillery...Nick
    http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=penal
    Last edited by NickG; 05-02-2007, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Gfp

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
      GFP was a Heer organisation as well--here is a shoulder strap (not mine):
      I would have to agree with Stonemint on the GFP. Each branch of the Wehrmacht had a branch of the GFP. Unless I am mistaken, the overall commander of the GFP for the Wehrmacht was Wilhelm Krichbaum (Feldpolizeichef der Wehrmacht). Many of the members of the GFP had Gesatpo and/or Police experience.

I have seen one GD parade tunic at a show in MN. I have never seen a GFP tunic. My vote is for the GFP as the most rare Heer tunic.

Bruce

Comment

This is (supposedly) Sven Hassel (supposedly) wearing a pre-war penal waffenrock--I can't vouch for it. Unfortunately, I don't have my Heer uniform references at hand which discuss the uniforms of the pre-war penal battalions--someone on the forum should have more info on this topic.
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
          Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking that if the waffenfarbe was worn, it would have been by the cadre/guards. Not the prisoners.

Paul
          Regarding "penal" waffenfarbe: based on the posted Sven Hassel picture (if the piping is indeed neutral fieldgrey), Sven Hassel, a confirmed trouble maker according to his books... and sent to a penal unit, proving that the waffenfarbe was used by the "convicts", as opposed to the cadre? those would be feldgendarm orange perhaps?
          or? ? Any ideas?
          Nick

Comment

Ok, do you mean Penal as in "Bewährungsbataillon"?

Hardy

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
              Ok, do you mean Penal as in "Bew******228;hrungsbataillon"?

Hardy
              That would fit the bill I guess for penal unit definition ; "Bew******228;hrungsbataillon", a Bat. sized unit comprized of convicted troops who have been sentenced to serve time, but not in a prison instead in a unit designated to do dangerous tasks (like mine clearing perhaps?) and these guys were stripped of their waffenfarbe, now wearing neutral fieldgray??? like the depicted schirmmutze and the Sven Hassel picture! Anybody?

Comment

Gfp

GFP is definitly my choice. All of the most senior GFP leaders were former police, many were very highly educated and most served in leading investigative capacities, including the Gestapo. Some were former chiefs of larger metropolitan police departments.

Last edited by schutzpolizei; 05-06-2007, 11:19 PM.

Comment

This is the first Heer GFP tunic I have seen!

Comment

GFP tunic: A true treasure and a real treat for the eyes. How can one even use the overused word rare to describe this treasure.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I posted a few more photos in the other thread regarding rare Heer tunics.

I have been corresponding with a guy who is supposedly writing a book on the GFP. We'll see if anything comes of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Liontas View Post
                        I would have to list the violet piped chaplain frock coat as the rarest out there. Its hard to even find photos of them in wear

I'd agree with that.

Comment

Chaplain !!!

Comment

Chaplain, smoke and propaganda!

Comment

rarest

smoke is common in comparison to Propaganda or Heeresgeistliche (chaplain), over here I have seen a number of Nebelwerfer uniforms and hats but Propaganda and Chaplain only on rare occasions

Comment

That GFP is great!
                                Steve

Looking for anything pertaining to Pi.Btl.16 or Pz.Pi.Btl.16

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X