No announcement yet.

Rarest Heer Tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke troops may be rare but try gebirgsjäger smoke troops.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Panzer Pioneer jacket is very rare and difficult to find.
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

he he he ...
        you have forget to say that you own one of that! And the beautyful I've never seen!!!!

ciao, ci sentiamo!

Comment

Propoganda... I have only seen one of these tunics in my entire collection time.

Comment

lucky i have a smoke tunic then Oberfahnrich ...

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by jcsanche View Post
              I think real PanzerPioneer are very rare and almost imposible to find. The black-white piped tunics.

Juan
              Agree with you Juan, The black-white waffenfarbe is very rare.
              Luca
              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

hello,

i would say at a same top level or rarity for a waffenfarbe : chaplains and propagandas kps tunics, and pzpionier wraps.
                just behind, smoke, bridge construction and motorcycle troops tunics or wraps.

i mean with their original insignias still on them since may 45, IMHO of course...

derka
                Last edited by derka; 04-27-2007, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned Penal or GFP....
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

There is no penal waffenfarbe, that I am aware of. GFP is of the Luftwaffe Beamte ranking system, unless I am mistaken.

Comment

I'm a cap guy, and penal visors did exist, and apparently the tunic did too, but I can't be sure of that. This is a penal visor which is owned by a member of the forum who's name escapes me right now--this is the rarest waffenfarbe for visors as far as I am concerned:
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

GFP was a Heer organisation as well--here is a shoulder strap (not mine):
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

That is very interesting... I have never seen this in any of the big books... unless I have missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                            I'm a cap guy, and penal visors did exist, and apparently the tunic did too, but I can't be sure of that. This is a penal visor which is owned by a member of the forum who's name escapes me right now--this is the rarest waffenfarbe for visors as far as I am concerned:
                            Never heard of penal waffenfarbe either.. interesting theory but I'm sure these schirmmutzen were not much in demand nor often issued...Why would a soldier want to stand out by wearing such a cap if they could get away with wearing a plain overseas cap which is less obvious... During the war years the majority of troops (penal or not) would be wearing overseas caps, so this must indeed be a very unique piece!

In the movie Stalingrad the troops who ended up in a penal unit were actually stripped of their waffenfarbe as they lost their rank (shouderboards were removed...)... and such troops wore stripped uniforms and blank belt buckles... That makes more sense than introducing a special penal waffenfarbe, but that might have been a pre war peace time regulation, this penal farbe, I guess... So perhaps thats why its not widely known or covered in the literature? Just wondering. Nick
                            Last edited by NickG; 05-02-2007, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking that if the waffenfarbe was worn, it would have been by the cadre/guards. Not the prisoners.

Paul

Comment

Rarest or most desireable? I would say the Grossdeutschland waffenrock.

Bob Hritz
                                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X