Rarest Heer Tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rolf D. View Post
    I should have taken a photo at the MAX show this year, but there was a dealer with a Smoke Troops jacket (the kind specifically designed for Smoke Troops). Had all the tabs and boards. It wasn't really my kind of tunic, but it was neat to see something so rare.
    You mean the HBT tunic with one breast pocket only on the left side ?

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post
      You mean the HBT tunic with one breast pocket only on the left side ?
      Yes, that is the one I am referring to. The seller stated it is only used by smoke troops. I wish I had grabbed a photo of it. Until then, I had never seen one like it. He was asking about $3000 for it. If I see it at the SOS, I'll photo it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf D. View Post
        Yes, that is the one I am referring to. The seller stated it is only used by smoke troops. I wish I had grabbed a photo of it. Until then, I had never seen one like it. He was asking about $3000 for it. If I see it at the SOS, I'll photo it.
        This tunic is not supposed to have collar tabs (if i understood correctly this one had some), and despite widely used by smoke troops, was not intended for them intialy in 1939 , and was used too in other type of branches, like pz, armored trains, heavy railways gun batteries, Heer flak units.
        Considering the asked price mentioned, you'll might have the opportunity to see again at the SOS.

Comment

My favourite Heer combat drillich tunic.
          With a hard life but still in nice conditions.
          Directly had from the owner with an amazing, unique "Stalingrad shield" + Stalingrad crosses on shoulder boards.
          Attached Files

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
          - THE SS TK RING
          - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
          - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
          - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
            Directly had from the owner with an amazing, unique "Stalingrad shield" + Stalingrad crosses on shoulder boards.

Would love to see close ups of the show devices and sleeve shield. WR Jim

Comment

Hi Jim, they perfectly match with those on the other tunic I showed years ago here on WAF and that I got from a family in Cassino where the 44 HuD fought and where the german officer (owner of the tunic) lived for some time. He left a lot of things there and come back after the war.
              In Cassino during the '60 childrens played on the streets with para helmets...

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
              - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Antonio, absolute dream tunic of mine. Congrats on it, very fine piece. I love the red white on the sleeve insignia, the tradition colors of the 44th (austrian origen) I have an arty officers tunic with matching crusher to the same guy of the 44th inf. J

Comment

Absolutely stunning tunic Antonio! I second the notion for more closer shots.

Comment

Greetings, did you personally acquire this from the veteran?

Comment

Stunning uniform. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very nice HBT tunic and super nice traditions shield with Stalingrad Cross..
                        From above "AIRBORNE!"

Collector of DAK Related Uniforms and Equipment

See my collection: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=201191

Comment

One of the rarest in my collection. Obviously not as desirable as my mouse grey wrap or Cossack items but just as hard to find. Since many female uniforms were based on civilian designs they were easily adapted to postwar use.jim
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by djpool; 05-17-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Great piece Jim!
                            I really love female tunics-uniforms.
                            I post here 2 rare sets from my collection: female SS KL guard.
                            Attached Files

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                            - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Great piece Jim!
                              I really love female tunics-uniforms.
                              I post here 2 rare sets from my collection: female SS KL guard.
                              Hi Antonio,

Thank you for your comments.

Wow, now SS Helferin items are rare. Of course your braver then I am. I'm not sure I've seen a female SS tunic on the SS forum that ever gets blessed. If there's one seam out of place they get blasted. Its a tough crowd to win over.

Heres another new female addition to my collection. I posted it on the Heer forum.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=912168

Did you post any detailed pictures of your tunics anywhere? Regards Jim
                              Attached Files

Comment

It is really a great one Jim!! That's a beauty!

Originally posted by djpool View Post
                                Wow, now SS Helferin items are rare. Of course your braver then I am. I'm not sure I've seen a female SS tunic on the SS forum that ever gets blessed. If there's one seam out of place they get blasted. Its a tough crowd to win over.
                                Jim, to be honest I no need to post these pieces on SS forum. Most people who would comment on them never handled one in their life (and if you look at the period pictures you will find a lot of variations!).
                                These pieces were made in various different ways and using from gabardine to wool, and I was (and still am) lucky enough to have 3 sets, coming from unquestionable sources. I was also lucky enough to know some very "inconvenient" people... For 2 of these 3 tunics I know where they were used.
                                These tunics were made inside the camps and sized on the body of the owner.
                                Inside you can find different types of fabrics, from cotton to rayon... Same for the black female SS overseas caps: different types of fabrics for cap and inside too.
                                I could be wrong in a lot of fields of Militaria, but the KL items are the main field of my research and study. I think I know them even better than badges.

My books:

- THE SS TK RING
                                - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X