Rarest Heer Tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
    A very interesting tunic vibes, how did you come across this beauty?

Best Regards!

Kevin
    from a German Dealer Weitze. But he did not know exactly what he sold. luckily for me
    Best
    vibes

Comment

Rare TSD reichwehr tunic with 1944 litzen and electric blue piping shoulder boards.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Lenny W; 03-11-2020, 06:30 PM. Reason: Outside image hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong
        I don't think they get any rarer than this one. Not in my possesion yet, however bought and payed for.

The 1939 Rangelist der Wehrmachtbeamten Heer list 350 members for the Einfacher Dienst. This is a tunic for a member of the Beamte a.K. "Officials for the Duration of the War" in the Einfacher Dienst. If you double the pre war list you get 700 members........I will be seriously surprised if this is not one of a kind!!

Larry
        Hi Larry, yes that sounds very rare however the photo you posted if not showing in the post? anyone else not seeing it?

Kevin

Comment

I cannot see it either.
          Collecting Nebeltruppe-Smoke Troops Items and Post-War Unit Histories

Comment

Must have got lost in the crossover. Here it is
            Attached Files

Comment

Now I can see it, very nice Larry!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong View Post
                Must have got lost in the crossover. Here it is
                Hallo Larry!
                Your uniform was introduced in 1940. Until 1940, the officials A.k. had the insignia as shown on the picture
                Gruss aus Buxtehude
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Lenny W; 03-11-2020, 06:35 PM. Reason: Outside image hosting
                Wanted: soldier phrase books (Soldaten-Sprachführer); photos, personal documents, insignias, fieldpost of interpreters (Dolmetscher, Sprachmittler etc.), officials, Sonderführer (SS-Fachführer)

Comment

How about these?
                  Ski jägers?

Comment

[QUOTE=Robindejong;6540267]How about these?
                    Ski jägers?

It is the description given by the seller : "Sturmgeschützjacke eines Leutnants der 1. Ski-Jäger-Division "Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 270"
                    But i doubt insignias are period applied on this wrap, althought many feldgrau wraps were issued in this Ski-Jäger unit, even among unarmored combat units.
                    And imo Stug.-Abt 270 always wore red piping, even when it was attached to 1.Ski-jäger Brigade (later Division) january 1st 1944 until august 9th 1944.
                    This unit later became Panzerjäger-Abteilung 152, and was untill war's end attached to the Ski-Jäger-Division.

derka

Comment

Can't say anything about the wrap but I'm confident the patch was added postwar. A number of these patches including some on white backgrounds were found about 15-20 years ago in an old factory or insignia shop. A trusted friend sold me one each of the patches. They dried up rather quickly and you don't see them for sale very often. The field grey ones get snatched up quickly when they are offered. The white ones not so much even though they were found together and clearly done by the same firm. Are these postwar? I don't really know. I like the construction and materials and I believe the person who sold them to me. Jim

Originally posted by Robindejong View Post
                      How about these?
                      Ski jägers?

Comment

[QUOTE=derka;6742726]
                        Originally posted by Robindejong View Post
                        How about these?
                        Ski jägers?

It is the description given by the seller : "Sturmgeschützjacke eines Leutnants der 1. Ski-Jäger-Division "Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 270"
                        But i doubt insignias are period applied on this wrap, althought many feldgrau wraps were issued in this Ski-Jäger unit, even among unarmored combat units.
                        And imo Stug.-Abt 270 always wore red piping, even when it was attached to 1.Ski-jäger Brigade (later Division) january 1st 1944 until august 9th 1944.
                        This unit later became Panzerjäger-Abteilung 152, and was untill war's end attached to the Ski-Jäger-Division.

derka
                        You're right, nothing at all to do with Stug.Abt.270. The brigade was issued with this type of jacket as it was seen as more practical for skiers, after all the jacket itself was based upon a ski jacket.

Incidently, large scale field trials were carried out on a proposed new uniform for the Heer in mid 1943 which included the fieldgrey wrap and corresponding trousers. The units that were to be involved in the trials were:
                        1 Btl. from 73 Inf.Div. (serving with heeresgruppe A)
                        1 Btl. from 17 Inf.Div. (serving with Heeresgruppe Süd)
                        1 Btl. from 78 Sturm Division. (serving with Heeresgruppe Mitte)
                        1 Btl. from 28 Jäger Div. (serving with Heeresgruppe Nord)
                        III./GJR 136, 2 Geb.Div. (serving with 20 Geb.Armee)
                        1 Pz.Gr.Btl. from 16 Pz.Div. (serving in Italy)
                        The Führer Begleit Btl.

So, i'd say finding a tunic used by one of those units during the trials would count as one of the rarest.

The commander of III./GJR 136, (left) Otto Stampfer (RK), together with other officers of the battalion wearing the new uniform.
                        Attached Files
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hy Guys!

I have something you probarbly like, cant send Pictures, but it is a beauty of a green first patern Panzer Wrap if you like pics please give mew your e-mail and i send you pics, this Wrap is ****ing rare, but i want to sell it to get a Harley ;-))

Comment

tunic

Originally posted by Wolfsblut View Post
                            Hy Guys!

I have something you probarbly like, cant send Pictures, but it is a beauty of a green first patern Panzer Wrap if you like pics please give mew your e-mail and i send you pics, this Wrap is ****ing rare, but i want to sell it to get a Harley ;-))
                            Is it from the 5th totenkopf?

Comment

Love this thread! This is one of my more rare tunics. This early moleskin tunic for an Oberst in the Infantry is near mint with all original applied insignia.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I should have taken a photo at the MAX show this year, but there was a dealer with a Smoke Troops jacket (the kind specifically designed for Smoke Troops). Had all the tabs and boards. It wasn't really my kind of tunic, but it was neat to see something so rare.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X