Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M45 Late tunic -- original eagle?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    M45 Late tunic -- original eagle?

    Hallo and morning everybody,

    Looking for a mint example and found this listed today. I don't believe the eagle is original factory to tunic but seller claims over wise. What do the community members here think?

    https://sandeboetiek.com/product/tex...use-with-rbnr/

    Can someone save the photos for future reference.

    vell dank,
    Bruce

    #2
    The bobbin thread used to apply the eagle appears to be the same as on other parts of the tunic and I cannot see any traces of previous stitch holes from the interior so, unless I am overlooking something, I would say the eagle is original period application.

    Comment


      #3
      Nice tunic

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Rheinmetall View Post
        The bobbin thread used to apply the eagle appears to be the same as on other parts of the tunic and I cannot see any traces of previous stitch holes from the interior so, unless I am overlooking something, I would say the eagle is original period application.
        I see hole from eagle removed
        I see light tan faded line on reverser
        I see not same thread and not same pattern
        I see former cuff title removed.

        Mint - unissued???

        Maybe best to avoid this one

        Comment


          #5
          All insignia including bird appear to be 100% factory applied

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
            All insignia including bird appear to be 100% factory applied
            Same here.
            There is a line above the eagle, but no stitch marks.
            Hole? Could be from anything.
            Same thread used.
            Attached Files

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
              Same thread used.
              .
              Attached Files

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by BergerNL74 View Post

                I see hole from eagle removed
                I see light tan faded line on reverser
                I see not same thread and not same pattern
                I see former cuff title removed.

                Mint - unissued???

                Maybe best to avoid this one
                If there was a original applied eagle removed, than you could see it!
                there are no stitching marks.

                if you have doubts than drop it, imo eagle and tabs are all original sewn, and btw at the end of the war everything is possible regarding stitching, same thread or not, some claim that especially on early tunics the collar tabs were pre sewn to the collar before the collar went on the tunic, so that would also give a swap of thread...

                Comment


                  #9
                  it look like a original factory job no problems with it

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I like it!!
                    Always on the lookout for quality WWII U.S. Paratrooper items! tlckkibler@msn.com

                    Comment


                      #11
                      One looker all orginal.

                      Comment

                      Users Viewing this Thread

                      Collapse

                      There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                      Working...
                      X