Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a gem!

Comment

Is anyone else unsatisfied with the title "Reichschancellery Tapestry" for these pieces? Since the central motif of the needlework is a Golden Party Badge and we accept that design as representative of the "Aletkämpfers" -- the League of Old Fighters -- and since we see that this design was used in other locations away from the Reichschancellery and Berlin -- see note #163 of Hitler in Weimar as an example -- perhaps this design should be referred to as "The Old Fighters Tapestry?"

Any thoughts? Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by oldflagswanted View Post
        ... from 1938.
        (below) Hitler on the hotel Elephant balcony in Weimar.
        The photo posted shows the Oak leafs inside the white circle. Where the other tapestries posted are made differently. I wouldnt say these wernt in the Chancellery due to the period still shown when the Russians were walking through the Chancellery and documented account from the G.I's.

Comment

Just picked up this... Berlin Reichskanzlei tapestry. Vet bring back. Been wanting one to find... and is minty... and large. 4 feet wide Almost 6 feet long.

Comment

That is beautiful. Would love to own one someday. What's the story?

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by CPB View Post
              That is beautiful. Would love to own one someday. What's the story?

Congrats
              No real story, just the Vets names was "Jones", recovered in a hall laying of the floor, apparently already removed from the wall when he recovered it in the RK Berlin.

Comment

I've seen this tapestry design in the past and always wonder what that open area above the disk represented? Was it supposed to cover a base area and support the weight of the banner itself? No fringe on that side either...? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Br. James

Comment

Imo ...

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  I've seen this tapestry design in the past
                  and always wonder what that open area
                  above the disk represented? Was it supposed
                  to cover a base area and support the weight
                  of the banner itself? No fringe on that side either...?
                  Any ideas? Thanks,
                  Br. James

Hello Br. James:
                  IMO the above disk "open area" is a flap
                  for use in display of the podium banner.
                  .......OFW

(below) Heavy PB with flap over the balcony rail before AH.
                  sigpic
                  .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank B View Post
                    Just picked up this... Berlin Reichskanzlei tapestry. Vet bring back. Been wanting one to find... and is minty... and large. 4 feet wide Almost 6 feet long.
                    Impressive qualy mate, just one of the best pieces I have seen

Congrats

Alejandro

Comment

Hi OFW,

Thanks much for your response -- it makes a lot of sense! I hadn't thought of that previously!!

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

My example, which I started this thread with, is for sale on the estand, if anyone is looking for one:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1020667

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                        X