Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP flag - please help

Hi,
    I would quickly need some opinion on this NSDAP flag. Is it good or just a replica? These are the only pictures I have. It measures cca. 105x280 cm.

Thank you!

nsdap-zastava-slika-19471386.jpg nsdap-zastava-slika-19471384.jpg nsdap-zastava-slika-19471387.jpg nsdap-zastava-slika-19471388.jpg nsdap-zastava-slika-19471389.jpg

I got it as a fake. Here are some more pictures. I think the quality is good but the swastika is rotated slightly off. Any opinion?

DSC_4867.JPG DSC_4868.JPG DSC_4881.JPG DSC_4872.JPG DSC_4877.JPG DSC_4879.JPG DSC_4880.JPG DSC_4884.JPG

Comment

These things were made in such massive quantities, that some quality was bound to suffer...Material looks right, but I don't remember seeing red material bleeding around the edge of a swastika before...Might be fine, if you can get it on the cheap, Bodes

Comment

I got it really cheap. Both seller and myself were not certain if it is original or not so we both agreed on low price. If it is good I would be pleasantly surprised. The red on the swastika edge is only on one side of the flag.

Comment

So swas is backwards on one side of flag that is double-sided disks???.if ,so ....no good ...ec

Comment

There is only one white disc that is sewn into the red fabric around it as I see it. The swastika is a thicker black cloth, and due to this one side is mirror image of the front side.

Comment

The swastika orientation wouldn't matter if it's a banner...It may be non-German made, which could explain the construction...Bodes

Comment

Thank you for your opinion. I think I will keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
                  The swastika orientation wouldn't matter if it's a banner...It may be non-German made, which could explain the construction...Bodes
                  Absolutely Bodes. Italian made banners were made exactly like this. There is a large circular hole in the red field, the Swastika roundel is sewn on. Once side has a reverse swastika.

3.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg
                  Last edited by Berghof; 10-18-2020, 04:41 PM.
                  https://www.ww2treasures.com

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                    X