Question about revolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about revolver

I picked up this revolver but I am not sure what model it is. It looks like Galant revolver but all of them have a opening piece in front of the barrel. This one is on the side. There is no markings anywhere. No numbers neither. I took it completely apart and no markings. So any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Regards RD
    Attached Files
    Collecting anything millitary from kingdom of Serbia and kingdom of Yugoslavia

Attached Files

Comment

My immediate thought was also a Galant but I rejected that guess for the reason that you gave (I read your post after looking at the photos), the pistol appears to be French and from the very late 1860s or early 1870s. I would assume a tool room piece with no markings or proofs. May be in fact a development piece of Galant.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
        My immediate thought was also a Galant but I rejected that guess for the reason that you gave (I read your post after looking at the photos), the pistol appears to be French and from the very late 1860s or early 1870s. I would assume a tool room piece with no markings or proofs. May be in fact a development piece of Galant.
        Perhaps a Belgian or Spanish copy - they did some wonderful work, some not so.
        A Belgian may have a proof hidden away on the cylinder or beneath the barrel.

Comment

I was used to them to make very similar copies if guns. This one has completely different design.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
          X