K98 tropical ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K98 tropical ammo

I picked up few boxes of this 8mm ammo. I saw that it is tropical but any other help on it would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Regards RD
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

be careful it is incendiary phosphor ammunition

Comment

Hello,

Contains phosphorus and a piercing core. Used by Luftwaffe mainly, in MG15 and 17.
        Store it cold and dry.
        Nice addition to any ammo collection.

Cheers

Comment

As stated, armor piercing incendiary (API), or "Phosphor-Gescho├č mit Stahlkern". Mainly used by the Luftwaffe. Nice box to find. Live US API ammo (up to .50 Cal) can be found at any of 100s of gun shows in the US, so I wouldn't be too worried about the danger of having it.

Here are a couple of variants I have. Wouldn't mind having a box like yours, if you have any spares.
          Attached Files
          Willi

Preu├čens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I got 15 full boxes so I will be selling them.
            Thank you guys

Comment

Super rounds.

They are a very colourful round would love a box of those for my collection but I'm on the wrong side of the pond! Thanks for showing them.

Comment

7.95 trop rounds.

I have a couple of boxes of similar rounds but with a green band on the bullet, what would be the differance between these two rounds? Is that normal to have the black band on the base of the cartridge shown?
                Attached Files

Comment

The black band is the tropical seal and the green band designates it as high velocity aircraft mg ammo.

Comment

Thanks for info.

Ok thanks, given that the thread starter round is without the green band is the one I have shown just a high velocity round without the phosphorus content? Just a bit concerned storage wise.

Comment

The band around the case mouth is the tropical seal and will be the same color as the seal on the primer. That color will help to determine the loading type. A green seal is for heavy ball, a red seal is AP or APT and the black seal is for incendiary or B'Patr.

Comment

Wrong gren band is . Verbesert. ( improved )
                        Black anulus is pmk. Red seal around case and
                        Bullet is tropen
                        ES KOMMT EINE RATTE TEUER ZU STEHEN,EINE KATZE AM SCHWANZ ZU NAGEN.

Comment

You can find red black and gren on neck
                          ES KOMMT EINE RATTE TEUER ZU STEHEN,EINE KATZE AM SCHWANZ ZU NAGEN.

Comment

Thank you guys for the info, I will be listing boxes for sale on estand.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                            X