MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberts P.(35)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Alberts P.(35)

    Several years ago I purchased this complete German issue P.(35) from a garage sale/estate sale purchaser, I wish I had time for such thing’s. The “Radom” isn’t anything special, as a longtime collector of these pistols I normally pass on examples such as this. As I was being shown this pistol the the owner brought out a Army discharge paper, DD214 and two pictures of a young Army soldier that brought the pistol back from the war, this made the pistol intriguing to me. The combined factors of a complete rig, Veteran documentation of the bring back Veteran and extremely reasonable price encouraged me to lighten my wallet. The rig was purchased.

    The Veteran who brought back this complete was a Army Tech. Sgt. by the name of Albert Wuckert who was with the 1268th Engr. Combat BN. Albert not only served in Europe but also was sent to the Philippines after the war had ended, his DD214 reflect this and other aspects of his military history. Out of respect for his families privacy I will not post Albert's DD214. The two pictures show Albert in England and I suspect before he went to France. I did some research and found that Albert was a avid fisherman and raised a family upon his return home. Sadly Albert passed away in his early sixties, to early in my book. I didn’t contact the family to ask if they new the manner of which Albert came about this pistol or if they had capture papers, I just don't feel right about doing that.

    When I finally had time to really give the rig a good revue I noticed some interesting things about it, but two really stood out to me. The first is that it has a German police belt buckle, which I have never seen on a “Radom” holster belt. The second really caught me of guard, on the inside of the pistol belt is imprinted “ Son of Gregory ”. For those who can translate Russian know that “ I can’t ” this translation is what was told to me by another on the internet.

    What does this all mean, a police buckle on a belt that was carried by a Russian named “ Son of Gregory “. Could this have been carried by a Russian volunteer in one of the many Russian volunteer battalions in the west. I don’t know and will never know and I’m not frankly interested in creating another “ The guy who carried this gun story “.

    All this said I thought I would post Albert's bring back P.(35) rig and honor his service, it’s very rare to have such insight to the Veteran who in fact brought back the “ Vet. bring back”.
    Attached Files

    #2
    2

    Albert
    Attached Files

    Comment


      #3
      3

      3
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        4

        4
        Attached Files

        Comment


          #5
          5

          5
          Attached Files

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece. This is why I collect, the history.

            The belt has a Russian name. You are spot on with the "son of Gregory". It is called a patronymic. His first name was Yuri. A patronymic is a middle name of sorts, he would still have a last name that he omitted. Sorry if you knew this already, just wanted to clarify.

            Having information about the vet is incredible, thank you so much for sharing the photos. I have several pieces with a lot of information on the soldiers, but no photos.

            Comment


              #7
              thank you !

              Originally posted by ugafx4 View Post
              Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece. This is why I collect, the history.

              The belt has a Russian name. You are spot on with the "son of Gregory". It is called a patronymic. His first name was Yuri. A patronymic is a middle name of sorts, he would still have a last name that he omitted. Sorry if you knew this already, just wanted to clarify.

              Having information about the vet is incredible, thank you so much for sharing the photos. I have several pieces with a lot of information on the soldiers, but no photos.
              Thank you so much for responding with the valuable information about the name, I did not know the information you provided.

              Comment


                #8
                Patch

                Interestingly, I just found a German bore patch with a few dried out pine needles compressed at the bottom of the holster.

                Comment


                  #9
                  very nice

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Robert,
                    * Can you read the 3 letter maker code above the 1944 ink mark.
                    * "bnz", "grz", and "gaq" are the three maker codes most often marked in PT.(35) VIS holsters as you know. This mark looks different.
                    * Also, does this holster have a pull-up strap?
                    * Beautiful, clean, example I must say.
                    Thanks,
                    Bob

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by RockinWR View Post
                      Robert,
                      * Can you read the 3 letter maker code above the 1944 ink mark.
                      * "bnz", "grz", and "gaq" are the three maker codes most often marked in PT.(35) VIS holsters as you know. This mark looks different.
                      * Also, does this holster have a pull-up strap?
                      * Beautiful, clean, example I must say.
                      Thanks,
                      Bob
                      Bob,

                      Its epf maker marked as best as I can tell.... I think I have another as so marked, I have to look and no pull up-strap.

                      Robert

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Robert,
                        * Thanks for the quick reply.
                        * First "epf" (Karl Bocker) VIS holster I've seen. Not frequently seen. Learned something new today. A quality holster maker of the period.
                        * As this appears as a true bring-back, would you mind giving the second alpha prefix block S/N letter for reference??
                        * Appreciate you sharing this example.
                        Best Regards,
                        Bob

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by R_Hessian View Post
                          Thank you so much for responding with the valuable information about the name, I did not know the information you provided.
                          My pleasure, 3 years of Russian in college paid off.

                          To clarify, Юрий = Yuri. That is the Russian spelling too.

                          Perhaps Yuri liberated it, and the Radom was traded for. Infinite possibilities. Glad you shared this with us!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Robert,

                            Very nice find! I love it!

                            As usual, you are the king of the Radom!

                            Matt

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by RockinWR View Post
                              Robert,
                              * Thanks for the quick reply.
                              * First "epf" (Karl Bocker) VIS holster I've seen. Not frequently seen. Learned something new today. A quality holster maker of the period.
                              * As this appears as a true bring-back, would you mind giving the second alpha prefix block S/N letter for reference??
                              * Appreciate you sharing this example.
                              Best Regards,
                              Bob
                              Bob, you are very welcome...... the p.35 is a "D" block.

                              Matt, very good to have you post on my thread. You were the first moderator of this board, you worked very hard to make it a success.
                              Last edited by R_Hessian; 12-07-2015, 07:56 AM.

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing this Thread

                              Collapse

                              There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

                              Working...
                              X