Help with Gun Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Gun Values

I will be looking at 3 side arms this weekend and I don't normally collect guns. But they are being offered to me by a friend. I know there are a lot of things that go in to determining value, but if I could get a low and high price range on each It would help in knowing what to offer.
    1. Spreewerk 1944 P38
    2. DWM Luger
    3. Pre war 7.62 Walther PPK
    Pictures are for reference only and not the actual side arms. Thank for any help.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There are many variables for pricing on collectible arms. Originality and condition of finish, rarity, import marks, provenance, geographic area for the sale, etc. I'll give this a shot (pun intended), with some caveats: the great majority of collectible arms available in your categories are standard variations. I'll submit my value guesstimates based on that assumption, with 85-95% original finish, no damage and no import marks.

Spreewerk 1944 p-38: $700 - 1000
    DWM Luger: $1650 - 2200
    Pre war PPK: $1200 - 2000

Some may disagree with my valuations and that is ok. Get a second opinion before making your decisions! My advice: if you like what you see and the price feels right, buy it.

Comment

Watch gunbroker auctions

Comment

Originally posted by scottr View Post
        There are many variables for pricing on collectible arms. Originality and condition of finish, rarity, import marks, provenance, geographic area for the sale, etc. I'll give this a shot (pun intended), with some caveats: the great majority of collectible arms available in your categories are standard variations. I'll submit my value guesstimates based on that assumption, with 85-95% original finish, no damage and no import marks.

Spreewerk 1944 p-38: $700 - 1000
        DWM Luger: $1650 - 2200
        Pre war PPK: $1200 - 2000

Some may disagree with my valuations and that is ok. Get a second opinion before making your decisions! My advice: if you like what you see and the price feels right, buy it.
        Your assessment is fair.
        There's hope with a scope!

Comment

Originally posted by Mauser888 View Post

Your assessment is fair.
          Agree.

Comment

Another good source of what other sellers are asking is Guns International.

Comment

Scottr above gave a good ballpark IMO. You'll wanna know if serial numbers match; more = higher price. And there are many, luger has 10 for example:
              • Firing pin
              • Extractor
              • Sear bar
              • Breech-block (proofed)
              • Front toggle link
              • Rear toggle link
              • Locking bolt (take-down lever)
              • Side plate (with a few exceptions through the years, see comments on side plate)
              • Trigger
              • Safety lever
              Other factors would be barrel condition, fit/movability of parts blued or not and matching magazine?

Couple of good forums:
              http://www.lugerforum.com/
              http://p38forum.com/forums/index.php

Finally here are two dealers with large inventory/archives. Price will be a bit higher than what you can expect to pay a private seller (I've heard 20%), but a good selection of pistols and prices.

https://simpsonltd.com/

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/

Comment

If OP was able to examine the pistols at issue this past weekend, perhaps he can update us with photos of the actual guns in question?

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments...I think they are spot on.

Comment

Seller is not ready to sell so I didn’t get to view them. But will keep you updated.

Comment

"DWM Luger" could be any variation of a lot of Lugers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                      X