Fighting/boot knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting/boot knife?

Hi all I have found this dagger in my attic and I think it was owned by my great-grandfather. I have looked online for other knives stamped with Solingen but can’t find a match. Can anyone help? I’m not sure if it’s ww1/ww2 but I think it’s German.

I also found an Italian ‘blackshirts’ dagger with it. Unfortunately both are in bad condition but I am still interested in finding out about what it is! Any advice appreciated pictures to follow.
    Last edited by wf789; 11-17-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Comment

Final picture

Comment

An older hunting knife with some repairs to the leather handle and sheath.
          Ralph.
          Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stm./Pz.Erz.Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Comment

Originally posted by rbminis View Post
            An older hunting knife with some repairs to the leather handle and sheath.
            Ralph.
            Thank you Ralph.
            Nothing super exciting then... repaired and the condition is bad!
            What kind of period do you reckon it’s from? Or it’s hard to tell? Sorry, I know nothing about hunting knives

Comment

I would say, it could be as early as the 30's, and they still make similar ones today.
              I would say more likely 50's to 60's.
              Ralph.
              Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stm./Pz.Erz.Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Comment

Originally posted by rbminis View Post
                I would say, it could be as early as the 30's, and they still make similar ones today.
                I would say more likely 50's to 60's.
                Ralph.
                Cool, cheers for the info, I was clueless when I found it. Definitely not one for the collection but will certainly hang on to it.
                Will

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X