Nazi sword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nazi sword?

Can a typical officer sword with the eagle and swastika have a “In Treue Fest” engraved blade? From what I’ve read, the nazis outlawed the Bavarian organization that used this motto. Thanks!

Its hard to say anything without photo.

Schlange

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=916564

Comment

Originally posted by wolfcastle View Post
      Can a typical officer sword with the eagle and swastika have a “In Treue Fest” engraved blade? From what I’ve read, the nazis outlawed the Bavarian organization that used this motto. Thanks!
      Yes. These Imperial blade examples were period rehilted to 3R Army sword hilts by German Imperial Army officer.

-Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
        Yes. These Imperial blade examples were period rehilted to 3R Army sword hilts by German Imperial Army officer.

-Serge
        So, they were dress swords for TR officers that served in the first war too?

Comment

So, they were dress swords for TR officers that served in the first war too?
          IMO, Yes.
          They were factory fitted to a 3R hilt.

The tang plug would tell the tale.

-Serge

Comment

Thanks Serge

Tom

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice blade!

Comment

I should say the one I ordered has the common slightly curved saber blade. I don't know if your straight one has any special significance or if it was used by certain troops?

Comment

I should say the one I ordered has the common slightly curved saber blade. I don't know if your straight one has any special significance or if it was used by certain troops?
                    I don't know the answer to that as Im not a Imperial Sword guy, perhaps others can.
                    The blade is damascus, maker Henckels , it's a thicker than a regular blade and the hilt looks like a High-Relief hand-chased brass.

Any photos of yours ?

-Serge
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that is thick. Very sharp looking hilt. I"ll post once it's delivered.

Comment

In the Weimar era there was a provision for inherited/legacy blades from the Imperial era that could be worn. And straight blades from Bavaria (and/or other states) could be branch specific according to the design of the hilt. The most common survivors from WW 1 tending to be Infantry sabers, I don’t recall seeing applicable TR era documentation. But the German Army of the TR era did follow Imperial traditions in that it allowed Officers a fairly broad spectrum for personal choices in swords. That said, I've seen conversions that I liked and those that I did not feel comfortable with. FP

Comment

Serge,

That's some Henckels! I'm not a sword guy but even I can appreciate something like that.

Comment

Here are some pics.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think it's unmarked.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X