X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hans Frank dagger?

Hi
    Dear experts
    There is a dagger with H.Frank signet. could it be a personal dagger of Hans Frank? What do you think about this?

Hans Michael Frank (23 May 1900 – 16 October 1946) was a German politician and lawyer who served as head of the General Government in Poland during the Second World War.
    Attached Files

Looks to me like a crude fake postwar stamping.

Comment

Serge is correct, its horrible and the fonts look wrong IMO

Comment

Or Herbert Frank? Or Heinrich Frank? Or Helmut Frank?

Comment

I tend to agree with Erich and Ron, that the name on this dagger grip crossguard is likely a post-war addition, for the reason that all such personalizations were required to appear on the reverse of the piece, not on the obverse as this appears. To it's credit, of course, is that this is an SA Standard Service Dagger and Reichsleiter and Reichsminister Dr, Hans Frank was also an SA-Obergruppenführer...but he still had to obey the regs!

Br. James

Comment

Could it be that the upper cross guard is on backwards ?

Comment

If the stamping is post war what difference does the positioning of the cross guard make?

Chet
              Zinc stinks!

Comment

Although anything is possible in this hobby, I would tend to agree with Serge and Ron in saying that the stampings are crude in their appearance and likely postwar done to embellish a generally unremarkable dagger. Essentially they ruined an otherwise untouched item.

Comment

It could have been done by the vet named H. Frank who captured it. I just don't see anybody going to the effort of stamping Hans Frank on an SA dagger. Ernst Rohm or Viktor Lutze maybe.....Hans Frank no.
                  Last edited by DALE ELLIS; 11-13-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                  X