SS Dagger or piece of junk letter opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dagger or piece of junk letter opener

I paid 490$ and I am hoping its real I can get my money back if its fake . just found out a badge I got at the same auction is a fake so I figured Id better check this piece also

TIA

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

IMO, Fantasy piece.

Comment

and what does it say " Original Eickhorn Naked (blank) weapon " ???

what the hell does that mean ??? why would they put that on the blade??

Comment

I think this is an original artifact from the Third Reich era, though neither an "SS Dagger or piece of junk letter opener." I think this is an advertising piece given away by sales representatives from the Carl Eickhorn Waffenfabrik in Solingen, as a promotional piece. It does not represent any one area of political or military uniform production. And the rabbit logo on this piece is representative of the Eickhorn firm as used in 1942.

A very nice and unusual piece. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Discus420 View Post
          and what does it say " Original Eickhorn Naked (blank) weapon " ???

what the hell does that mean ??? why would they put that on the blade??
          A phrase that was borrowed and adapted I think from the French "Armes Blanches", the prominent NSDAP symbols pushing it for me into the PW "Fantasy" category. FP

Comment

The object itself does look like a promotional letter opener that Eickhorn might have given away. The swaz and SS runes make me think it's a fantasy piece or at least an embellished period piece. Probably not worth $490 though.

Comment

Seriously, a Eickhorn SS letter opener? I'm not buying into it. Fantasy item for me.

Chet
              Zinc stinks!

Comment

I'm sorry but it looks like junk to me. I can't believe the SS would give Eickhorn permission to use the runes on a piece of crap like that. If I were you I would send the whole auction lot you got back as quickly as possible. So far you have posted two things that I've seen that are fake and I would suspect anything else coming from the same auction house is probably fake also.

Comment

The sitting Squirrel logo was, as stated used by Eickhorn in 1942.
                  As for the piece, I've never seen anything like it. The blade motto is
                  certainly odd, I'd pass on it.

Comment

I can see there are people on both sides of the fence on this particular piece. I can't put my finger on it.........But I like it!! I don't know if I $490.00 like it, but I'd open my mail with it.

Always looking for etched bayonets.....Especially Eickhorns

Comment

Seems like something made up postwar to me but just my opinion. I don't know of anything even close to it that would be period but maybe someone does.

Steve

Comment

Thanks you all for the input I really appreciate it. It is still in the hands of the owner and I got my money for it . I searched for days on end and never saw another one like it,,,,,, then wasn't sure what that meant !!

Comment

4th Reich.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
                            4th Reich.
                            More Fake crap

From

Affiliated Auctions in Florida

Comment

Junk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X