E-stand etched bayonet for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-stand etched bayonet for review

There is an e-stand etched bayonet now listed as sold that someone asked reviewed for opinions.
    Here is the text of the original listing:

Here we have a nice parade bayonet with an etched blade and complete with its frog and knot. The blade is etched depicting German soldiers on horseback so I’m guessing this belonged to a member of a cavalry division. Slight wear to the blade and a couple of paint chips in the scabbard so check the pictures carefully. If you want any more pictures or information please email me. The asking price is £230, free shipping in the UK £10 for Europe £20 for the USA. payment by bank transfer or PayPal friends and family ( otherwise add 2 1/2% to cover PayPal fees ).
    Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

To me, it's a poorly executed fantasy etch on a unmarked Pack dress bayonet.

Chet
    Zinc stinks!

Comment

The etch matches no known pattern I've ever seen. In fact, it seems to incorporate several types of distinctive elements of different makers. Notably too is the fact it's on an unmarked Pack with spanner nuts, so one can surmise the blade was easier to remove, etch & put back together. I wouldn't want it in my collection, but let's see what the others think.

Comment

I agree with all the statements above...that etch is unknown to me.

Regards,
        Chris G.

Comment

Estand listing now linked to this thread.

-Serge

Comment

I am not expert on etches, but it looks nice, same as it could be inspired by earlier sabre etches for Cavalry of Pack, should be looked to Pack catalog, possible the older blade was paired with later Zinc handle by Pack or someone who buyed Pack parts? Knot looks like a early service period? b.r.Andy
            I believe faked etches has typical signs, not so unknown motives that would be problem sold as is visible on answers.

Comment

IMO it was original dress bayonet, ruined by post war blade etching. (Not simular to E-pack style.)

Schlange

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...d.php?t=916564

Comment

Pack style spanner bolts implying unmarked Pack blade, easy to disassemble and apply fake etch.

Bookends trying to imitate the potted plant ends never to be found on a Pack blade.

Borders are poor and placement is awful.

Etch is unknown and very light.

Need I go on?

This etch is a disaster.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                X