Soviet Cavalry Sword Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soviet Cavalry Sword Help Please

Not knowing how well the other section where I have this listed is frequented I decided to ask here as well. Thanks!

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1016630
    Charles Stubben: ALWAYS SEEKING TOMBAK Wurster small "w" PAB & IAB's

Its a nice sowjet Schaschka M1927, made in Zlatoust 1929, the unit is hard to deciphere, mostly a 2. Regiment, KNA the KN could be a location area of the unit, A could be Artillery. Only experts in this area could deciphere a early RKKA unit.There is missing the socket M91 bayonet.b.r.Andy
    My russian Friend expert on sabres answered followed:
    "2. konno artilerijskij polk", 2 .cavalry powered artillery regiment, part of 2. Chernigovskoj cavalry division of Red Cosacks named of German proletariat.
    "2 кавалерийская Черниговская Червонного Казачества дивизия имени Германского пролетариата"
    http://www.rkka.ru/cavalry/30/002_kd.html
    Last edited by AndyB; 09-17-2019, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
      Its a nice sowjet Schaschka M1927, made in Zlatoust 1929, the unit is hard to deciphere, mostly a 2. Regiment, KNA the KN could be a location area of the unit, A could be Artillery. Only experts in this area could deciphere a early RKKA unit.There is missing the socket M91 bayonet.b.r.Andy
      My russian Friend expert on sabres answered followed:
      "2. konno artilerijskij polk", 2 .cavalry powered artillery regiment, part of 2. Chernigovskoj cavalry division of Red Cosacks named of German proletariat.
      "2 кавалерийская Черниговская Червонного Казачества дивизия имени Германского пролетариата"
      http://www.rkka.ru/cavalry/30/002_kd.html
      Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you and your friend very kindly.

Comment

Having seen over time a number of different model Russian sabers that had markings that I could not interpret I'm very appreciative of the effort made to provide a frame of reference for this example. There are some good photos of this type also in the service of the Wehrmacht. I can't speak to all of them, but some photos that come immediately to mind don't have the Moisin Nagant bayonet - which made sense to me as the rifles they were carrying were Mausers. FP

Comment

When there are mounting of bayonet it was mostly used with, in war period some of the bayonet attachments were removed, the bayonet was woried by lower rank of cavalry man.
          German native or Don Cosacks that fighted with germans when used older sowjet schaschkas mostly removed the emblem of CCCP. there exist evidence of real pieces. b.r.Andy

Comment

Thank you both for your input.
            Last edited by vonStubben; 09-19-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
            X