• Show
Clear All

Estand Eickhorn ?

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...77#post8528477

???
    https://medamilitaria.com/

Looks like Czech fake IMO.
    Or a whatever by whom postwar repro.

A similar thread of this type of fake from a old thread is easily compared to a period example by John Z.
    http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=941%2F39+SS

-Serge

Comment

Interesting. I bought many items from the Vet's family. All 100% legit. Not sure what a reproduction would be doing with the lot. PLEASE REMOVE AS I DONT WANT TO SELL SOMETHING THAT IS BAD
      Last edited by coloradocowboy; 09-09-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Finding fakes among Vet groupings is unfortunately not a rare occurrence.
        Some vets had collected items post-war to add to their war-time bring backs.

Sorry about that but these things do happen.
        I once had a similar situation myself pointing out to the vets family that several items were fake. They got indignant and I lost the grouping.
        Should have kept quiet about the repros.

To delete the listing you need to contact the the estand moderator, Daniel Griffin.

-Serge

Comment

The photos need posted as for reference.
          https://medamilitaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post
            The photos need posted as for reference.
            Feel Free. Hope this helps future buyers

Comment

Originally posted by coloradocowboy View Post
              Interesting. I bought many items from the Vet's family. All 100% legit. Not sure what a reproduction would be doing with the lot. PLEASE REMOVE AS I DONT WANT TO SELL SOMETHING THAT IS BAD
              Sorry, but 100% fake!

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
                Finding fakes among Vet groupings is unfortunately not a rare occurrence.
                Some vets had collected items post-war to add to their war-time bring backs.

Sorry about that but these things do happen.
                I once had a similar situation myself pointing out to the vets family that several items were fake. They got indignant and I lost the grouping.
                Should have kept quiet about the repros.

To delete the listing you need to contact the the estand moderator, Daniel Griffin.

-Serge
                Both scenarios are true. A friend and somebody I had worked with was a U.S. Army Medevac pilot in Vietnam that only came back with his memories. So I found him a period Chinese made rifle and pistol from there which he greatly appreciated. But I've also had family members who came to shows only to find out that what they had inherited, which included groups of supposedly period TR daggers were 100% postwar. FP

Comment

A lot of vets were also given items by friends who were honoring their buddy and being thoughtful. I've obtained vet lots that were over half repro items...

Comment

photos
                    Attached Files
                    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

und
                      Attached Files

Comment

It fooled me ! I thought it was real. Rob

Comment

Family graciously took it back. They weren't sure how it could have been a reproduction, but had the CLASS to let me return it for a full refund. No questions asked.

Comment

Rat squirrel

I'm not a SS dagger aficionado. But I'm learning. Three things jumped out.

1. Terrible cross guard to scabbard fit.

2. Anodized scabbard for a later RZM produced piece. (so not original to the piece)

3. Maker mark appears to be quite highly placed on the blade.

3.1 This is an old topic, but do we know for sure if the "Rat Tail Squirrel" was registered with the RZM?? Don't wanna start a sh!t show, but it always seems to be a bone of contention.

Mat

PS, I agree with JR, this thread should be archived.

Always looking for etched bayonets.....Especially Eickhorns

Comment

Bollocks post so deleted it.

Russ.
                              Last edited by Bulldog; 09-09-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X