Fake Partial Rohm on eStand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fake Eickhorn partial Rohm which was advertised yesterday has since sold. An obvious fake with no Eickhorn parts that I could see and a completely fake blade.

Someone just got hazed with this fake, I wanted to reply yesterday but didn't have time. The eStand is supposed to be a safe place to buy?

Can someone access this sold ad and alert the buyer that he's bought junk?

Best, Red

Hi Red,

I couldn't find the listing.
    Of late, The estand mods have been deleting as soon as sold.

Here's another fake, a grip emblem and maybe the grip that I tried to warn about and it was still sold.
    http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=911203

It's not like the old days.

Good to see you post.

Best Regards,
    Serge

Comment

Thanks Serge,

Hopefully the buyer does some research or posts it here. The eStand system really needs to be reviewed, as if nobody takes the time to make a separate post to discuss the listing, it slips through the cracks, and this is not the first fake I've seen sell. I used to warn by posting on the ad, but got a suspension warning...

Keep well, Red

Comment

That is correct, I saw that one: it had a terrible partial Röhm inscription and a bad small serrated Eickhorn maker mark. A very obvious fake, which I believed was removed for that reason...

I don't understand why the adds are deleted immediately??

Any buyer here benefits from an inspection period, guaranteed by the forum rules! So these adds should be kept at least for a couple of weeks!

Personally, I only mark a sales add "sold" after that I received a message from the buyer that he is happy with his purchase.

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...48#post7601948

Schlange

Comment

What is your point, Schlange?

I got from the guy in that link a message that he was happy with his purchase!

Victorman

Comment

Would it not be a good idea to have a pinned thread where we can discuss daggers on estand that we see problems with.

Best Russ.

Comment

I had the "fake" 1st RLB grip on estand. I made a couple comments there. Not trying to be dishonest. Life is too short! Got it with a bunch of other good parts. Per whoever "expert" comment about emblem I still believed the grip was correct. I did a little research and saw that type and shape emblem on a pin. Maybe someone had the pin modified to make a grip better that had no emblem. Lots of things happen I am sure we can't explain. Anyhow I sold it for $100 for only the grip. So don't get too upset that you couldn't stop a sale. There are still a few honest sellers around. Take care.

Comment

Was this the Rohm dagger were you could still see most of the "Ernst Rohm" name?

I saw that, but didn´t have time to study it. When I went back to have another look today the ad was gone.

I thought that the respective admins of each forum also were the ones controlling the different e-stand forums. I see Serge tries to have a lookout on the e-stand dagger forum. That is great. I now understand that this is not his "job" but just something he does extra.
                  All e stand forums should have a admin guard looking through the ads imo.

Comment

Speak to the e-stand mod on that deals with the sales thread, he probably put it on soft delete so can be brought back again for comments.

Comment

I sold this dagger and I assure you I had absolutely no idea it was fake. I swear this. I am contacting the buyer now to resolve the issue, I promise this was not the hit job you folks think it was. It will be resolved the correct way. Sorry for my ignorance and my part in the matter. I'd love some explanation as to why it was fake if you folks don't mind. But either way I will refund the buyer.

Comment

Noble and above all honest gesture.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

I was the purchaser of the above mentioned dagger. I borrowed the money from a friend as I needed the other money I am getting to pay for a nice transitional SS dagger from a forum member. The seller has told me he would refund my money, half this afternoon and the rest in the next couple of days. He has been above board in all of the dealings and I don't believe he honestly knew. I should have as I have all the books but had not read them recently and did not see the article in the Daggers and Edged Weapons section.
                          No more buying without checking the forums. God, I hope the SS dagger is good?
                          Thanks all,
                          Terry
                          Last edited by Terry K.; 05-12-2017, 07:08 AM.
                          Terry Keller
                          "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
                          Rammstein

Comment

Here are some photos of the fake Rohm.
                            Attached Files
                            Terry Keller
                            "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
                            Rammstein

Comment

more
                              Attached Files