German Heer Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dion View Post

Ah ok. Obviously I wouldnt wanna use something that is too harsh. I found that Autosol has worked well for me, but if there is something softer or less harsh, i would use that. Not sure if Semichrome is available here in Germany, but will check. Like I mentioned, I dont go crazy using Autosol, but use very little and have never had problems with the crossgrain being affected in any way. Thanks for the headsup on the less harsh semichrome.

Hi Dion,

I have spelled the name incorrectly, its called simichrome polish & can be bought off ebay.

i guess everybody has there own way of cleaning blades ect, i would rather leave as is if there is no live rust & just clean of dirt & fingerprints.

Regards Mac 66.
    Walls Have Ears \../

Comment

Originally posted by Dion View Post
      Im not quite in agreement with those saying dont polish the blade as youll loose the crossgrain and tarnish? Ive lightly polished just about all my dagger blades and NEVER lost the crossgrain! In fact, the blades were then protected for many years to come. If I understand you correctly, you would rather have surface rust and or fingerprints on the blade than polish it?? Autosol is a product that was made especially for blades by the guys who make blades, so why can it not be used lightly on the blade to shine it up a little? Just curious!
      Rust will not appear if dagger is storage in dary area, and if you touch dagger with clean cotton gloves.

Schlange

My collection:

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

https://zbiralci.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21196

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post

Hi Dion,

I have spelled the name incorrectly, its called simichrome polish & can be bought off ebay.

i guess everybody has there own way of cleaning blades ect, i would rather leave as is if there is no live rust & just clean of dirt & fingerprints.

Regards Mac 66.
        Absolutely, I agree with not touching a blade if its been looked after, but definately needs cleaning if there are fingerprints. And that is generally the case if it comes from a vet or the family.
        Even the Gods are helpless against stupidity!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
        X