Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird WH Visor

Hi all:

I had this visor for many years. Didn't know what I was buying at the time.
    After awhile I figured it's a reproduction by the visor which i don't like but the rest looked okay.

No manufacture's logo. The actuall visor itself has a very firm stability. Would appreciate comments very much no matter what.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=496500

Thanks for looking.

-Ray-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CIB; 02-21-2011, 02:58 PM.

2 of 6
    Attached Files

Comment

3 of 6
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CIB; 02-21-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

4 of 6
        Attached Files

Comment

5 of 6
          Attached Files

Comment

6 of 6
            Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't get too hung up on the visor. I have seen LW-style visors on heer caps, and heer-style visors on LW caps.

IMHO, this is just a mom & pop made cap.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

btw, the visor is probably laquered cardboard--common on late-war caps.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

No red flags IMO
                  Carlo
                  Erel's Hunter
                  looking for Pilot LW

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys and recovering my confidence with this topper.

This is my kind of talk. As I get the hang of it and gradually pick things up as I go along I began to realize through research and help from members like yourselve's that this one had prospects for awhile now.

Would be nice to see other examples out there if anybody could manage. Thanks again for looking.

-Ray-

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      I wouldn't get too hung up on the visor. I have seen LW-style visors on heer caps, and heer-style visors on LW caps.

IMHO, this is just a mom & pop made cap.
                      I think stonemint nailed it. There's nothing wrong with your cap. In fact, it has quite a bit of character.

Comment

I would agree. I thought that it might be a foreign made cap.

Don
                        "Der Führer vasn't a mousy little momma's boy - Der Führer vas Butch!" - Will Ferrell in The Producers

Comment

I do like the cap too

Comment

Thanks again for all the additional member's back up. What a breather This is really good to hear.

At one time this cap almost went into the sin-bin. I would have probaly posted this cap before but just thought it would have gotten tore up.

-Ray-

Comment

Originally posted by pvluger View Post
                              I think stonemint nailed it. There's nothing wrong with your cap. In fact, it has quite a bit of character.
                              I like all the "outside of the box" caps like this we've been treated to recently. I think I've got the mojo for identifying the Erels and Schellenbergs and Clemens Wagners and the like. This is the kind of thing I'm enjoying learning about now.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X