Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    replied
    Last, those were Assmann 40's SS buckles from Marc Verstraete's former collection.
    There you can see various preserved conditions. Maybe a better indicator since Marc, instead of myself, was buying anything available when I was mostly interested by premium pieces.

Pictures @ Marc Verstraete
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    replied
    That one is the same Type (Type 2 following my own codification) as the previous one. Note also serial number higher than the two Type 1 shown in this thread.

This buckle, from my former collection, was sold few months ago to Harry K. in the Netherlands
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    replied
    This one is a Type 2 but still an Assmann made in 1940. Serial on the tag is of course higher in number.
    This buckle, from my former collection, is also available for sale
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    replied
    Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
    Great buckles. Certainly unissued and both with the tag attached to the catch.
    Now you can see what you were looking for. By the way this buckle, from my former collection, is still available for sale.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    replied
    Originally posted by no1canuck View Post
    Nice buckle and tag. Any wear looks like storage/shelf wear to me.

Steve
    Indeed. The serial number on the tag is also matching this series/Type of buckle (Type 1 following my own codification)

Leave a comment:

• Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    replied
    Originally posted by klr View Post
    One is the SS code the other is a RZM code. I don’t know why it needed both but I would like to have one. I have three other examples of these in my files. They are all from here or War Relics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The SS contract was to be allowed to manufacture the SS buckle when the RZM tag was like a tax stamp to be paid to the RZM when the buckle was sold. Each RZM item had to pay tax when sold. When sold to the end user tag was then removed (probably at RZM store level) and sent to the RZM.

Leave a comment:

• Willi Z.
    replied
    Great buckles. Certainly unissued and both with the tag attached to the catch.

Leave a comment:

• JAYP
    replied
    Here is a buckle I used to own we got several during a motel buy years ago.Jay Parisi
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SScollector
    replied
    Here is my original aluminum Assmann SS buckle, mint unissued with RZM tag for comparison. Hopefully this may help with coding questions or concerns, as this one is 100% legit.

Chris
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Willi Z.
    replied
    I would love to see other examples with paper tags. I have owned HJ buckles with paper tags (fragile paper ones that have been glued, not heavier paper with a staple). Same silver finish but with storage wear.

The wear on the catch is mechanical wear from being on a belt. Always shows up on the outer edge of the catch first. I could present a number of both unissued Luftwaffe tropical buckles with storage wear, and lightly worn tropical buckles with mechanical catch wear and the same wear to the highlights on the front.

There is already concerns regarding the tag not matching (SS and RZM). I call that a warning bell.

Leave a comment:

• no1canuck
    replied
    Nice buckle and tag. Any wear looks like storage/shelf wear to me.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• klr
    replied
    One is the SS code the other is a RZM code. I don’t know why it needed both but I would like to have one. I have three other examples of these in my files. They are all from here or War Relics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Willi Z.
    replied
    To me the buckle is not unissued and has been worn. So, why a paper tag? And while both may be Assmann codes, why the difference?

Leave a comment:

• wehl
    replied
    man thats top buckle !

Leave a comment:

• 4th division
    replied
    Nice original!

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
X