SS EM Buckle With Paper Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klr View Post
    One is the SS code the other is a RZM code. I don’t know why it needed both but I would like to have one. I have three other examples of these in my files. They are all from here or War Relics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The SS contract was to be allowed to manufacture the SS buckle when the RZM tag was like a tax stamp to be paid to the RZM when the buckle was sold. Each RZM item had to pay tax when sold. When sold to the end user tag was then removed (probably at RZM store level) and sent to the RZM.
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by no1canuck View Post
      Nice buckle and tag. Any wear looks like storage/shelf wear to me.

Steve
      Indeed. The serial number on the tag is also matching this series/Type of buckle (Type 1 following my own codification)
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
        Great buckles. Certainly unissued and both with the tag attached to the catch.
        Now you can see what you were looking for. By the way this buckle, from my former collection, is still available for sale.
        Attached Files
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

This one is a Type 2 but still an Assmann made in 1940. Serial on the tag is of course higher in number.
          This buckle, from my former collection, is also available for sale
          Attached Files
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

That one is the same Type (Type 2 following my own codification) as the previous one. Note also serial number higher than the two Type 1 shown in this thread.

This buckle, from my former collection, was sold few months ago to Harry K. in the Netherlands
            Attached Files
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Last, those were Assmann 40's SS buckles from Marc Verstraete's former collection.
              There you can see various preserved conditions. Maybe a better indicator since Marc, instead of myself, was buying anything available when I was mostly interested by premium pieces.

Pictures @ Marc Verstraete
              Attached Files
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
              X