SS EM Buckle With Paper Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS EM Buckle With Paper Tag

Could I please have opinions on this buckle to see if it is real or not. The buckle is marked "RZM - 155 / 40 - SS and the paper is marked "M 4 / 39 - 263074 A". Ant help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom.
    Attached Files

Nice( Assmann SS Code 155) 155/40 SS EM Buckle.
    For the paper M4/39 ( Assmann) fit

Best

Comment

I like the buckle and the tag. Usually the roller bar and prongs are painted silver like the buckle. Any silver paint remaining on them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I like buckle and tag.
        With this variant it is not uncommon that there is no silver paint work on the roller sleeve and claws.

Comment

Thanks Guido. A small variation I didn’t know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

SS Buckle With Paper Tag

Thank you for the opinions, Tom.

Comment

Nice original!

Comment

man thats top buckle !

Comment

To me the buckle is not unissued and has been worn. So, why a paper tag? And while both may be Assmann codes, why the difference?
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

One is the SS code the other is a RZM code. I don’t know why it needed both but I would like to have one. I have three other examples of these in my files. They are all from here or War Relics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice buckle and tag. Any wear looks like storage/shelf wear to me.

Steve

Comment

I would love to see other examples with paper tags. I have owned HJ buckles with paper tags (fragile paper ones that have been glued, not heavier paper with a staple). Same silver finish but with storage wear.

The wear on the catch is mechanical wear from being on a belt. Always shows up on the outer edge of the catch first. I could present a number of both unissued Luftwaffe tropical buckles with storage wear, and lightly worn tropical buckles with mechanical catch wear and the same wear to the highlights on the front.

There is already concerns regarding the tag not matching (SS and RZM). I call that a warning bell.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here is my original aluminum Assmann SS buckle, mint unissued with RZM tag for comparison. Hopefully this may help with coding questions or concerns, as this one is 100% legit.

Chris
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a buckle I used to own we got several during a motel buy years ago.Jay Parisi
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great buckles. Certainly unissued and both with the tag attached to the catch.
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X