SS belt & Buckle 155/43 Opinions

Hello everyone ,
    I am offered this buckle ss 155/43 with this belt
    what do you think of this buckle ?
    thank you in advance
    Anthony

Very nice set

Comment

Yes! And in this colour not that common …

Comment

Indeed very nice set. Just the green Assmann buckle in this condition worth at least 700 euros at current moment. The only question I would have is the engraved name of the unit. The name "Frankreich" indeed means "Française /from France" and did indeed exist to designate the french volunteers in the Waffen SS at the very beginning of the creation of what will become later the Charlemagne Division. But the official name was Französische SS-Freiwilligen-Sturmbrigade, not Frankreich. On the other end, Frankreich is the name widely used after the war.
        When the inscription could be perfectly legit (they were first stationed in Alsace and indeed formed in 1943) I would be careful with it. If indeed original, your set worth quite a big chunk of money...
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact [email protected] for inquiries

Comment

A french collector, Cyril DlF., tried to post a comment but wasn't able to do so. So I am doing it for him translated from french to english:
          "There was indeed a Marc Barello in the Sturmbrigade then in the Charlemagne's honor Company... He survived to the war, enlisted in the (French) Foreign Legion, where he fought as Lieutenant at Dien Bien Phu, died in 1987. (Waffen SS Français by Grégory Bouysse)

He also added that the name of this volunteer is pretty easy to find due to his time spent in the Charlemagne as well as in the (French) Foreign Legion.

As I previously stated, up to the owner of this belt to believe or not in the authenticity of the engraving.
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact [email protected] for inquiries

Comment

Buckle is good and very nice.
            IF (?) original, the belt is an outstanding piece

Regards
            brus

Comment

SS Barellon Marc

I find the writing on the belt to be rather curious...

Is the soldier's last name Barello or Barellon (with an "n" at the end) ?

I translate the word "francaise" as French and the word "Frankreich" as France - the first word being in the French language and the second word being in the German language. Unfortunately, neither of these words makes sense to me as stand-alone words. Is there more to the inscription on the leather belt that has not been shown?

WANTED-TO-BUY: original SS shoulder-straps with chain-stitched letters JST, JSB, USL, USR or SKD. Singles or pairs.

Comment

Nice set. What is the marking here? O&C??
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GREG E. View Post
                  I find the writing on the belt to be rather curious...

Is the soldier's last name Barello or Barellon (with an "n" at the end) ?

I translate the word "francaise" as French and the word "Frankreich" as France - the first word being in the French language and the second word being in the German language. Unfortunately, neither of these words makes sense to me as stand-alone words. Is there more to the inscription on the leather belt that has not been shown?

Nothing odd there. If you are French this is how you will write been part of the gang. Française here means formed with French, like for exemple République Française. In other words, it means SS Frankreich, group of only/mostly french peoples.
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Hello ,

I think that for the belt it will always be a mystery if it is original or not.

but the buckle is a very beautiful piece

Thank you for you help , This is the first SS buckle in my collection !

Anthony

Comment

I agree on the buckle; a beautiful gem piece, having that much of the original finish. Congrats!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Tonydub View Post
                        Hello ,

I think that for the belt it will always be a mystery if it is original or not.

but the buckle is a very beautiful piece

Thank you for you help , This is the first SS buckle in my collection !

Anthony
                        It is the case with anything where a person added something. Only YOU know how, and from where, this set came to you. Price paid will also give you an indication.
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                        X