Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASSAMN HJ manufacturer VS wholesaler

Hello gents
    just wanted to share a new buckle and open a discussion on manufacturer VS wholesaler..I have recieved an assman nickel HJ which has the assman markings ground off and over stamped with KH28...so in my mind, Paulmann & Crone was buying buckles wholesale from Assman , and Assman had buckles on hand that were already "Assman " marked so they ground them and restamped PuC's mark to fill the order..please give me your thoughts...I am also picturing another assman buckle which I have which was ground and never overstamped, I have seen a few like this, but never new why someone would do this, and since the swastica was retained it was clearly not a case of de nazification.... thanks..Chad
    Attached Files
    HJBUCKLES.COM
    LOOKING FOR ALL TYPES OF HJ AND DJ BUCKLES !!!

Attached Files
    HJBUCKLES.COM

Comment

Attached Files
      HJBUCKLES.COM

Comment

Attached Files
        HJBUCKLES.COM

Comment

Attached Files
          HJBUCKLES.COM

Comment

Attached Files
            HJBUCKLES.COM

Comment

Attached Files
              HJBUCKLES.COM

Comment

Attached Files
                HJBUCKLES.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Chad Williams View Post
                  Hello gents
                  just wanted to share a new buckle and open a discussion on manufacturer VS wholesaler..I have recieved an assman nickel HJ which has the assman markings ground off and over stamped with KH28...so in my mind, Paulmann & Crone was buying buckles wholesale from Assman , and Assman had buckles on hand that were already "Assman " marked so they ground them and restamped PuC's mark to fill the order..please give me your thoughts...I am also picturing another assman buckle which I have which was ground and never overstamped, I have seen a few like this, but never new why someone would do this, and since the swastica was retained it was clearly not a case of de nazification.... thanks..Chad
                  Hallo Chad,

thanks for showing those interesting buckles : about erased marking, I share your opinion.

Best

Ric

Comment

does anyone else have any over stamped or double stamp buckles to add ??? I am surprised at the silence in here, I thought for sure a few people would add to this...?????.....(crickets chirping)
                    CHAD
                    HJBUCKLES.COM

Comment

I wanted to rekindle this thread as i am sure if you guys take a look through your buckles we will surely come up with a few more double maker stamped buckles dont make me beg...they dont have to be youth..can be any buckle..I am merely trying to find wholesaler / retailer relationships between companys..Chad
                      HJBUCKLES.COM

Comment

Chad,

I agree with your assessment but unfortunately I do not have any re-stamps in my collection. One thought perhaps you or any other forum member can clear up; I would have thought this would be a more common occurrance/practice late war rather than early to mid '30's when KH numbers were used prior to the RZM code enactment. Also, metals were more abundant during the 30's than the later part of the war when metals were more scarce which would, in my mind, put more of a premium on the wholesaler /retailer relationship. Thoughts?

Regards,
                        Dan
                        Regards,

Dan

Looking for a very nice DD KM Helmet

Comment

Hey Dan, you do have a point there. I have a double stamped HJ in my collection. If someone doesn't mind posting pics for me - it's got Assman and Overhoff stampings on the back. The Overhoff markings are the early type...so I would assume this would be early and not late war as well. Interesting topic for sure!
                          Cheers!
                          Rob

Comment

@lach470
                            I think you mean this one
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yup.....I have one just like that!

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X