Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS belt and buckle set

Dear all,
    I bought this set about 15 years ago from a reputable dealer, because it was sold as an SS parade set.I know that the buckle is an early SS original, but there are no markings on the belt, so can I have your opinions on it as a set, please?
    Thanks in advance,
    Simon
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Dress belts are a private purchase item. Sometime they have maker marking but SS marking are for issued items. There are lots of different colors of cloth backings. I have a couple of these with black backing and one came with a early nickel SS buckle. If the backing material is a SS color they may have been a set.

Comment

At the time your buckle was produced the RZM was not in effect. This is why any SS buckle or any SS belt made before the RZM took place cannot be marked. So if your set was put together at the same time it was out of the factory it is normal. If your belt is backed with black wool it was indeed made for wear over a black uniform. I let you make the idea association. I sold mine with a mint Overhoff full motto and named tag bearing the SS owner full information (see pictures) for $1750 USD few months ago on the estand.

1.jpg
      3.jpg
      4.jpg
      5.jpg
      7.jpg
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      What remains from my collection of SS Buckles is for sale on the estand

Comment

Thank-you, Jean Pierre and Klr for your help. So, could my early set have been used for a field-grey parade?

Comment

The black backed ones are likely SS. I have owned a bunch of different belts with different shades of green backing. Hard to prove it is SS but if you have a example of SS material hopefully it is a exact match. Here is three examples, the lower one came with a SS 63 nickel buckle. The others came with Heer buckles.
          Attached Files

Comment

If leather is unmarked and backing is green (any green) there is no chance the belt was for SS use since the green uniform for the SS was introduced after the introduction of the RZM. So a belt made especially for the SS green uniform must be RZM/SS marked. The door of pre or post 1945 association is of course wide open but up to each individual to believe what he/she wants.
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh
            What remains from my collection of SS Buckles is for sale on the estand

Comment

Thanks again guys for your help with this. Simon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
              X