Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'S' Hooks

Hi All,

We have a Thread on 'C' Hooks - but I wanted to get the ball rolling on the subject of 'S' Hooks.
    Whilst some may find these 'S' Hooks less interesting than the 'C' Hooks, I think they are still an important part of Panzer and Equipment Recovery.

I'm still waiting for my first 'S' Hook to arrive in the post - once here I will post Pictures and information.

So what I would like to see is plenty of pictures of your 'S' Hook collection - but also some Technical info on their:
    Size - Length, Width, Thickness - and Weight etc.

Also lets see if we can find more photos of 'S' Hooks in use.
    Here are a few to get started.

Kind regards,

Pete.

My First S-Hook

Hi All,

My first S-Hook arrived in the post today from Russia.

Needs a good clean-up first and will then post pictures with dimensions and weight.

My Second smaller S-Hook should arrive over the next week or so and will post pictures of that one once it gets here.

Here are a few more S-Hook Photos.

Will post a few more on my next visit

Kind regards,
    Pete.

Comment

Nice one. Seems to be for a lighter vehicle than a StuG III. I'd say it could be for a SdKfz 251 or so. I'll try to find some pics of my S hook. I believe I posted it in the C hook thread.

Carles
      looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

Thanks for the input Carles,

If you don't mind - Please repost/copy your S Hook stuff to here.

I'm not sure what type of vehicle or equipment my S Hook came off so the more factual info I can get about it the better.

Kind regards,
        Pete.

Comment

Here a couple of well known pics: in #1 you can see a hook like your's. #3 & 4 my C and S hooks. The S hook weighs about 6.5kg

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=hooks&page=2

Carles
          Attached Files
          looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

Thanks for those Carles,

Kind regards,
            Pete.

Comment

My 'S' Hook Update

Hi All,

Ok - so finally got the 'S' Hook cleaned

Here are the Dimensions and Weight:

The comparison to the 'C' Hooks

Some more Photos of 'S' Hooks on Tanks.

Still waiting for my smaller (STUG ?) 'S' Hook which should come in the post any day now.

Kind regards,

Pete

Last edited by Recymech; 10-06-2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

My Second 'S' Hook

Greetings to all,

Ok - So my second ( but a Lot Smaller ) 'S' Hook arrived in the post today

Same as before - it will get a good cleanup and I will then post new photos and all relevant dimensions and weight, together with comparison pictures.

Kind regards,

Pete

Comment

Hi Carles,

I know you said that your 'S' Hook is around 6.5kg but how Long and Wide is it please?

Kind regards,

Pete.

Last edited by Recymech; 10-12-2018, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Hello Pete,

Sorry, I couldn't remember where my panzer items were. Here, dimensions, as requested. Your second hook might be smaller but stronger, for sure.

Carles
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by me6_130; 10-14-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that Carles,

No need to apologize - I forgot to add the cross hook measurement that you have put on your 'S' HooK - so here it is:

My Smaller 'S' Hook is coming along nicely - a few more days in the Vinegar bath and it will be ready for my Wife to polish it

Kind regards,

Pete.

Comment

My Second 'S' Hook

Hi All,

Ok - so here is the smaller one of my 'S' Hooks after a bit of a clean-up

Here are the all important measurements and weight:

and some more photos for you:

Kind regards,

Pete.

Comment

More Photos

Now here is an Interesting Photo

One Large, and two of the Smaller Ones on the same Stug.

I'm beginning to feel like an 'S' Hook Nerd - here are some more photos:

I'm on the lookout for the 28cm to 30cm Size, 6.5kg 'S' Hook.
                          So if you are looking at parting with one that you have then please let me know.

Kind regards,

Pete.

Comment

'S' Hook Serial Number or Manufacturers Stamp ?

Hi All,

Found this for sale on Relics WW2 Site - http://relicsww2.com/index.php?route...product_id=520

I have come across some Letters/Numbers on the occasional 'C' Hooks, but this is the first time I have seen one on an 'S'Hook.

Is this an 'S' Hook Serial Number or Manufacturers Stamp
                            My 'S' Hooks are fairly pitted but I will take a closer look to see if I can find anything.

If yours have any markings then please let us know - better still, post some pictures

Kind regards,

Pete.

Comment

S - hook

Hello everyone.
                              Forgive my bad english.
                              Yesterday I dug a toy out of the ground. I want to show. 40 sm - 9 kg
                              I solve the issue of cleaning.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X