No announcement yet.

Panzer II Turret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The exhaust silencer to hull fitting brackets.
    Attached Files

Comment

Exhaust exit armoured cover.
      Attached Files

Comment

Some more pictures and the rear view of an original pzll.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by johann mor; 10-01-2019, 05:11 PM. Reason: pictures didn't attach

Comment

Loving your work. Please keep us up to date as you continue this great project. I would like to see some more comparisons with the real tank.
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by johann mor View Post
            Exhaust exit armoured cover.
            Well done
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddietheboy View Post
              Loving your work. Please keep us up to date as you continue this great project. I would like to see some more comparisons with the real tank.
              Cheers
              I will see what I can do.

Comment

The exhaust silencer guard, a right pain to mark and drill but worth it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Everything that I was doing at this point was so that I could get the engine started. You may have noticed that the radiator unit is to the side of the engine so I needed to put a drive belt across to it from the engine. Due to the space limitations this was not an easy job, as the engine is in the same position as the original. The easy option would have been to move the engine further towards the front of the hull but then the end of gearbox would have stuck out further into the crew compartment. These pictures are of the belt tensioner system.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It's quite hard to find any good clear pictures of the interior of an original because they are so cluttered but these give you some idea. The photo is of the moveable flap in front of the radiator.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Under the cooling unit I have left space for the three oil coolers that are required, one for the gearbox, one for the engine and one for the steering box, these wouldn't have been in the original tank.

Quite a few knowledgeable people view my posts on other forums but no one mentioned that the cooling fan that I was showing would have rotated in the wrong direction. What I was searching for at the time, was a reverse direction fan and the only place that I could find one was in the USA.

The correct fan fitted to the unit and a clearer picture of the fan drive belt adjuster.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by johann mor View Post
                        Under the cooling unit I have left space for the three oil coolers that are required, one for the gearbox, one for the engine and one for the steering box, these wouldn't have been in the original tank.

Quite a few knowledgeable people view my posts on other forums but no one mentioned that the cooling fan that I was showing would have rotated in the wrong direction. What I was searching for at the time, was a reverse direction fan and the only place that I could find one was in the USA.

The correct fan fitted to the unit and a clearer picture of the fan drive belt adjuster.
                        Nice love the way you mounted the ideler pulley
                        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

The oil and coolant pipes routed under the engine.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Johann,

Outsatnding work on the vehicle so far. Really really impressed. (in fact I will take 2 please )

I can see why you have used the copper for ease of use etc, and no reason for it not to take the temperatures.

Not sure of your intent obviously but you might want to consider " soft " mount for your copper runs. The vehicle is untried and likely to have an amount of stress and vibration. Would hate for you to have a fractured joint on the coolant or oil supply once all is assembled and difficult to reach.

Just a thought.

Great work

Regards

Tim

Comment

[QUOTE=timg;8545305]Johann,

Outsatnding work on the vehicle so far. Really really impressed. (in fact I will take 2 please )

I can see why you have used the copper for ease of use etc, and no reason for it not to take the temperatures.

Not sure of your intent obviously but you might want to consider " soft " mount for your copper runs. The vehicle is untried and likely to have an amount of stress and vibration. Would hate for you to have a fractured joint on the coolant or oil supply once all is assembled and difficult to reach.

Just a thought.

Great work

Thanks for comments, in fact the only thing that hasn't been soft mounted at the moment is the copper runs but when the hull is complete the whole thing will be disassembled and any modifications made and then it will need to be painted before final assembly. Any comments, thoughts that you may have lets hear them and I will put them in the to do notes.

Jon

Comment

The fuel tank is smaller than the original, mainly because I don't intend invading anywhere but also because I need a space between the end of the fuel tank and the engine bay fire wall to put the engine electrics in. When it's finished the fuel tank will be sat on rubber cushioning.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by johann mor; 10-02-2019, 03:48 PM. Reason: pictures didn't attach

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X