Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MG Werkzeug , which to keep?

Gentlemen,

As some of you already know, I collect MG 34 and Panzer Items. I've just got a new "MG Werkzeug" box for my collection and I have to choose one...and let the other go, but which one would you keep?

The one at the left is the "new" one. The paint outside is a bit damaged, as is the MG Werkzeug label...but the interior is in far better condition than that at the right, the "old" one...It even has ALL the metal fittings, while the oiler support is missing in the "old" one...so I don't know what to do. Please let me know your opinions

The wooden block are not original, so I can make a new set if needed.

Carles
    Attached Files
    looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Empty:
    Attached Files
    looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

i would keep the right it looks nicer outside

Comment

Ditto

Agree, since once all your gear is in place you barely notice any differences as far as the interior goes. You can rig up the new ones oil canister support onto the new one also. Aesthetically, the exterior will be seen 90% more so then the int. too.

Comment

Hey Carles,

Excellent Boxes, i would keep both IMO there are hardly any of these about, and they both look great with thier original color

Comment

Thanks for your opinions,

I tend to prefer the "new" one because it is more complete, but I like the "old" one because the cover looks nicer.
            Phill, thanks also, I would keep both but that means I wouldn't be considerate with other fellow collectors that are willing to have one . No, seriously, you know they are not cheap items, and I've only got enough Panzermantel MG34 for one tank, so I don't need two MG Werkzeug boxes. Can anyone confirm there was only ONE MG Werkzeug box in german tanks...? By selling one I'll be able to buy something else I also need...

Carles
            Last edited by me6_130; 06-06-2013, 03:45 AM.

Comment

If you decide to sell one Carles I'd be very interested

Comment

Originally posted by stef View Post
                i would keep the right it looks nicer outside
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by dEVIL View Post
                  +1
                  But technically the other is much more complete...Is no one with me? It is very difficult to find one with the oiler support in original condition...

Carles

Comment

Looking only at the last photo (the other with the contents kind of throws you) and judging which to keep is a very tough call, yes the internals are more complete on the left, but the outer is in a poorer condition compared to the right hand version. Personally I'd keep the right one.

Comment

Keep both or perhaps swap the lids by taking out the hinge pin?

Jock

Comment

Originally posted by Jock Auld View Post
                        Keep both
                        I would like to keep both but I want to buy a Tokarev SVT 40 in working condition. I've already got the sniper sight

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=672121

Originally posted by Jock Auld View Post
                        or perhaps swap the lids by taking out the hinge pin?

Jock
                        I had thought about that already but unfortunatelly the hinge parts don't coincide

Here are both boxes bare of disturbing items

Carles
                        Attached Files

Comment

Gentlemen,

According to David Byrden a Tiger tank would have TWO of such MG. Werkzeug boxes Does any one know if this was also the case of PzKpfw III and IV???

http://tiger1.info/EN/MG-toolboxes.html

I can imagine a tank would have two MG.-Zubehör boxes, as butts and bipods are needed for each MG, but two MG. Werkzeug boxes would mean 4 spare bolts, 4 MG13 spanners, 2 hot barrel pads, etc.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                            Gentlemen,

According to David Byrden a Tiger tank would have TWO of such MG. Werkzeug boxes Does any one know if this was also the case of PzKpfw III and IV???

http://tiger1.info/EN/MG-toolboxes.html

I can imagine a tank would have two MG.-Zubehör boxes, as butts and bipods are needed for each MG, but two MG. Werkzeug boxes would mean 4 spare bolts, 4 MG13 spanners, 2 hot barrel pads, etc.

Carles

Hey Carles,

Yes two boxes would make sence for each of the ball and coaxial mounted mg34s, as each kit only contains 1x spare recoil booster (if this is proper name for it)?, so two boxes with one spare recoil booster in each, for each of the mg34s?

Comment

Phil,

I'm not sure a booster cone is so important, if not, every machine gunner would have one in their gunner pouch, and they didn't. I believe there was only one spare flash hider set in the Z-kasten kept at company level? Gunner pouches only had 1 spare bolt, so 2 spare bolts in the MG. Werkzeug box could be for 2 machine guns. I think 4 spare bolts are too many.

Carles

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                              X