No announcement yet.

MG Werkzeug , which to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if just one, would be the better writing that would win, I saw one for sale back in the day...

btw here is a list I found inside a tool pouch

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=252830

Comment

Hello John,

Thanks for your opinion. (I'll be writting something in that other thread)

Well, 100% of opinions are that I kept that with the nicer cover. I am really surprised I imagine it has to do with collectability, so the one that would look nicer in a collection is the one a collector would like. I see it from a practical point of view: Which one would a german soldier prefer: the one that is complete because it will do the work, the label would be unnecessary. It is much more difficult to restore the metal work than the paint. I think I will restore the new one and then I'll decide.

Gentlemen, thanks to all. I will let you see both restored and my final decission.

Please, if any could confirm how many MG.Werkzeug boxes went in a german tank, I would be very greatful. I can't find it in my Pazer III -IV manuals.

PS. My elder son (8 years old) prefers the complete
      looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

Gentlemen,

I've been working a bit...and here you are:

The oiler support ring is not welded in place yet, but I'll do it in the next days.

Carles
        Attached Files
        Last edited by me6_130; 07-06-2013, 10:58 AM.
        looking for a Kar 98k bolt in working condition numbered 2020, please let me know if you have one.

Comment

and the cover:

Carles
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Carles!
            Inside box is an orginal or a one restauration?

regards
            gurtsack

Comment

Hello Gurt,

The wooden blocks are replacements. The one at the left has all original metal fittings while the one at the right also has the oiler ring and two of the wooden parts of the cover replaced. Paintwork is original in both. I have just finished restoring the one at the right.

Carles

Comment

good job Carles, both keepers !

Comment

The final touch...of the seller (the one at the right), once the oiler ring has been welded and painted:

Carles
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well, just a little update:

My old MG-Werkzeug box has found a new home in a friend's collection. As I've been restoring some boxes lately, both MG-Zubehör and MG-Werkzeug, I can offer my experience to those members who might need their boxes restored, just PM.

Carles
                    Attached Files

Comment

An update. I've been working a bit these last days and I've finished restoring another MG Werkzeug box.
                      Attached Files

Comment

and also an MG Zubehör box. It only needs a bit of black for the wooden blocks. I will shortly be putting these on sale

Carles
                        Attached Files

Comment

Both boxes finished. I will probably post the at E-stand soon

Carles
                          Attached Files

Comment

The werkzeug box is available at E-stand now:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=726629

Carles

Comment

I have posted some other MG34 AFV "panzer" related box and ammo systems at the firearms forum:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=728879

Carles

Comment

NEW!! Werkzeug box!!

Gentlemen,

I've just got a new Werkzeugbox. It will be restore, of course...and once done I will decide if I keep this one or the other one I have.

Now, curious, the paint is best quality of the 5 or 6 I have seen and handed. It is not painted elfenbein directly on to the metal surface but has a whitish primer layer.

Carles
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X