No announcement yet.

3D-printed Tiger Muzzle Brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of a metal colour, I would start with a coat of dark brown over primer, seal that with a coat of clear varnish and then repeat the hairspray technique.

Comment

Originally posted by earlymb View Post
      Instead of a metal colour, I would start with a coat of dark brown over primer, seal that with a coat of clear varnish and then repeat the hairspray technique.
      Agreed! I don't have dark brown but I made the base colour darker and I went easy on the metallic this time. It will become more brown later when I add oilpaint washes. Also, the amount of clear metal was too much last try.

I resanded the muzzle again which gave me some good insights. I liked the wear in some places while sanding. This is all a learning experience.

As it stand now it is back to the basecoat. I'm waiting for some new paints to arrive.

Thanks for looking,

Mats
      Attached Files

Comment

How much does it weigh
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
          How much does it weigh
          I weighs a little over 2.5kg of 5.5 pounds

Comment

Hello,

wonderful work! IMO you should try to get a darker shade of Dunkelgelb.

Regards
            Always looking for German Red Cross female gear and all related with combat awards to DRK females. PAYING TOP DOLLAR FOR IC2 ITEMS!!!

Comment

First time i've seen this project and i have to say it is very impressive indeed ,you really have done yourself proud here and i'd certainly think you'll get some orders to build more should you wiush too.
              I would say if you do make more leave the painting to the buyer,you'd spend more time trying to get that "look" of perfection than the actual build time, it can be very frustrating painting a small model tank let alone a full size muzzle brake from a Tiger
              Best Regards
              Bob
              looking for Hannah Mckay to take care of my dark passenger.....

Comment

Originally posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post
                First time i've seen this project and i have to say it is very impressive indeed ,you really have done yourself proud here and i'd certainly think you'll get some orders to build more should you wiush too.
                I would say if you do make more leave the painting to the buyer,you'd spend more time trying to get that "look" of perfection than the actual build time, it can be very frustrating painting a small model tank let alone a full size muzzle brake from a Tiger
                Best Regards
                Bob
                That is good advise Bob! It would make it quite a bit cheaper as well. I'm seriously interested in making more. Some people contacted me about it so I probably will. I might offer them in 3 stages. 1. all the parts. 2. sanded and basecoated, 3. fully finished.

But first I would like to finish this piece before going in on this idea,

albertcher I think you are correct about the yellow! I was hoping it would get quite a bit darker after some washes and filters. I think I need to test that,

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Really appreciate it,

Mats

Comment

Super nice project Mats!

Chris

Comment

You can get colors for your great project at ebay:
                    https://www.ebay.de/itm/RAL-8020-FAR...IAAOSwTvNd5q2u

I would be interested in a PANTHER one if you should continue...

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                      You can get colors for your great project at ebay:
                      https://www.ebay.de/itm/RAL-8020-FAR...IAAOSwTvNd5q2u

I would be interested in a PANTHER one if you should continue...
                      Thank you, RAL 8020 seems to be the way to go!

I would love to model other muzzle brakes as well as tracks etc. Thing is that dimensions are very hard to come by. When covid ends I'm planning on going to visit some museums with a tape measure and caliper .

Thanks,

Mats

Comment

Incredible job!

There are truly some artistic, creative, and talented people on this Forum. Bravo!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                        X