No announcement yet.

Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is indeed the second and the third recovered in piece in Trun and restored in Germany
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
      Yes, but your photo is the one at Vimoutiers, the one put back together in Germany is below, first exhibited at Munster now on the USA. And a photo I took in 1977 in the Trun location of a Tiger I turret piece and some wheels.

cheers paul

JPG%207%20tiger[1] (2).JPG Trun 1989 img290 - Copy.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank lennard for photo of Trun ! was 3 years old in 1977 ... did you collect some tiger relics?

Comment

Hi TinTin,

Not really, eveything was so heavy to lift, just one Tiger wheel is a huge weight, I tried to bring out a PzIV muzzelbrake with about 60cm of barrel, far too heavy for me to lift. But there was the aluminium and woodframe bodywork of a Merc-Benz 170K Kubel there, and I got some door hinges and treadplate from it for my Stoewer that I was restoring at the time, the parts were the same.

But otherwise just took lots of photos, it was a wonderfull place, so much there.

cheers PAUL

Comment

Hoebig, the guy in Germany, says he has many parts of a second tiger coming from Thrun which is also under reconstruction and one of Wheatcrofts two Tiger I is also sourced in Normandy, should have been at least a quite complete hull..

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post

Turret is not facing rear!
              Yep, my mistake.

Comment

Hi Jens.

Sorry to say only many small parts of a Tiger I at Trun, visited that place many times over many years, the biggest surviving piece of the larger panzers (Panther, Jagdpanther, Tiger I and II) was the piece of lower Panther hull shown below in a photo, and it did originally have its engine when I first saw it.

However there were several almost complete hulls of the smaller panzers, Wespe, Flak Pz 38(t) and a Panzer II, the PzII is now at Saumur and a runner.

It seems the larger Panzers were cut into many pieces a long time ago, see the Panther rear hull section in the second photo, there were many pieces of Panther like that.

cheers PAUL.

img551.jpg
                img552.jpg
                Last edited by lennard999; 11-21-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Lennard, I think I wrote it not clear... the fragments Hoebig welded into 1 or 2 hulls were said to originate from Trun. A jigsaw puzzle with only fragments, not incomplete tanks like the Pz38 variants. Wheatcroft writes that his second Tiger hull is from normandy without giving an exact location, surely not Trun...

Jens

Comment

Hi Jens,

Ok, what you say is correct, many Trun pieces re-welded together.
                    The Wheatcroft Tiger, supposidly from Normandy, its origins are a mystery for everyone.

cheers Paul

Comment

Panther and tiger relics Falaise gap.
                      The lighthouse was dismantled on a bergepanther
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by tintin44; 11-23-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 11:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                      X