Who made the best wound badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike930 View Post
    I just found my list of makers that I got a couple years ago and I noticed that it says 92 is Josef Ruckert. It says Rueckner here so I was wondering about that.

Mike
    As far as i am conserned it should be Rücker (or Ruecker spelled internationally)
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Thanks Hans. I just did a search on all three spellings. I wanted to see what I would find. Ruckert comes up with topics related to this maker, the others don't. So, I don't know.

Mike

Comment

Ruckert is a misspelling. The keys R and T on a keyboard are next to each other and someone missyped the name and the T came along. It´s Rucker/Rücker/Ruecker...
        Regards
        Hans N

I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Thank you Hans. I'll correct that on my list.

Mike

Comment

Does anyone know of where I can get a more precise list of makers? I'd like to have their names, L numbers or makers marks if they used them, and their locations. I just found another listing so now I have two. But as I was going through the most recent one I noticed that it has some spelling errors as well.

Mike

Comment

Here is the proof about the spelling, thanks to Jon Doe (Danny).
              Attached Files
              Regards
              Hans N

Comment

Thank you.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike930 View Post
                  Does anyone know of where I can get a more precise list of makers? I'd like to have their names, L numbers or makers marks if they used them, and their locations. I just found another listing so now I have two. But as I was going through the most recent one I noticed that it has some spelling errors as well.

Mike
                  Mike, the list on
                  http://www.woundbadges.150m.com/arch...ufacturers.htm is fairly comprehensive, there are a couple of ommissions such as L21 Foerster & Barth.

Mike

Comment

That list isn´t correct either.... for example it says Alois Rettenmaler when it should be Rettenmaier. W. Hobachter should be W. Hobacher
                    Regards
                    Hans N

Comment

Originally posted by fugpaw View Post
                      Mike, the list on
                      http://www.woundbadges.150m.com/arch...ufacturers.htm is fairly comprehensive, there are a couple of ommissions such as L21 Foerster & Barth.

Mike
                      Thanks Mike. I found one at C&C Miliatria but I don't know how good it is either.

Mike

Comment

Hans, I'm yet to find a correct list spelling wise on-line or in a book, so my solution has been to create my own hybrid list with names/details corrected as and when I find in-accuracies.

Mike - to be sure of the names, I suggest you cross reference them with the various manufacturers lists that are out there for other awards - one fairly good source is Robin Lumsden's book "Medals and decorations of Hitlers Germany", another good source is Chris Ailsby's book "Combat Medals of the Third Reich", there is also the list of manufacturers here.

Maybe it's time we had a pinned posting on the WB forum of WB manufacturers? If the moderator is willing to pin it, then I'm quite happy to post my list (as long as others will update/correct it). EDIT - I was having a senior moment last night - there's already a list banghead.

Mike
                        Last edited by fugpaw; 08-02-2007, 02:17 PM. Reason: Senior moment

Comment

Originally posted by fugpaw View Post
                          Hans, I'm yet to find a correct list spelling wise on-line or in a book, so my solution has been to create my own hybrid list with names/details corrected as and when I find in-accuracies.

Mike - to be sure of the names, I suggest you cross reference them with the various manufacturers lists that are out there for other awards - one fairly good source is Robin Lumsden's book "Medals and decorations of Hitlers Germany", another good source is Chris Ailsby's book "Combat Medals of the Third Reich", there is also the list of manufacturers here.

Maybe it's time we had a pinned posting on the WB forum of WB manufacturers?

Mike

Thanks Mike! I think I'll do that!

Mike

Comment

I like the Münzamt Wien ............................

http://666kb.com/i/auo0w76j5mtio05t1.jpg

Comment

http://666kb.com/i/av0gax19d3phgqhj3.jpg

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 4,375 at 10:03 PM on 01-16-2020.

Working...
                                X